Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
giphy.webp

Just blow it all up then

No point in wasting careers of Bedard, Vlasic, etc

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Probably as an advisor or something. Similar to what Bergervin did with LA

Edmonton offered him a position as well, i dont think he would leave Edmonton just to be an advisor in Chicago.

The guy sees himself as a "builder" still.

Whatever the position it will be in Chicago, he will have his hands in the cookie jar.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think he would be a good pick up personally provided the Blackhawks aren’t in a rush. I think his patience and experience is good for a rebuilding team.

Just don’t let him negiotate.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Surprised he wants to start fresh with a rebuilding franchise. But if he has the energy and passion for it all the power to him.

Who knows what the role is though. Could be a cushy advisor position.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think he would be a good pick up personally provided the Blackhawks aren’t in a rush. I think his patience and experience is good for a rebuilding team.

Just don’t let him negiotate.

Have you seen the disaster he has left in his wake?

Detroit: Took Zadina over Quinn Hughes who was in his Detroit backyard ....Cholowski, Rasmussen, Veleno, Svechnikov were more beauty 1st round picks.

Oilers: Anchor contracts with Nurse and Campbell.

I'm not sure how this screams, new dynasty to Chicago

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Holland was more bad than good in Edmonton IMO but he wasn't a total disaster or anything.

The one thing you really don't want him to inherit though is cap space.

Bond

May 10, 2012
McDavid drug the Oilers to the last round in spite of Holland. Can’t believe he got another job

Reactions: DaveG

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
even if he's hired by chicago, it'll definitely be in an advisory/president role that's hands off on the day-to-day of the team. would basically be the same as a potential role anywhere - i don't think he gets another GM job at this point considering his reluctance.

no matter what chicago does, bedard is coming home anyway. so this won't matter at all copium

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad