OT: Rsu?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
While i am in the position of generally allowing people do and say what they want at a sporting event within some reason (which opens the can up because common sense and within reason do not exist anymore), i understand that today's society has a minority rules mentality. It is no longer for the greater good of the people but to appease the small squeeky wheels. We see it every day from all forms of government to lawsuits, to large companies bending over backwords for just about everything.

Personally i would like to see adults and parents take more responsibility for themselves and their children and stop expecting rules/laws etc... to protect them.

As for those getting offended over the RSU, just another example of the above mentality, ignorence at it's finest..."i don't like/agree with this so nobody should and im going to make sure of it" LOL

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
But that still doesn't mean that you're not an ***hole.

If there's one thing I learned as an Usher at SBP (CTC, whatever), it's that there is a small but vocal crowd who will defend their right to be an arse hole in the loudest, most obnoxious way possible.

Guests are, for the most part, free to conduct themselves in whatever manner they see fit... and for the most part, the people around them are free to judge them as utter buffoons and Grade-A jackasses as they see fit. The problem is that the really self-centered ****** canoes don't give a flying flip about what other people think of their clown behavior, so public shaming isn't an effective method to try and curb the behaviour. Even tossing them from the building when they take things a step too far won't change their view.

There is a small percentage of guests who insist they are being persecuted against when they are tossed for consuming 8 beers before the 2nd intermission and pulling their pants down in front of a female usher. There is a small percentage of guests who think that they are in the right when they punch an usher because he's asking them to stop propositioning the mother of three seating in front of them. There is a small percentage of guests who think it's completely fine to call a 5-year old Capitals fan "human garbage who should kill themselves".

(^ these are all true stories, by the way ^)

I'm not saying Senz is a part of this group, far from it... but I am saying that there is a larger group that legitimately don't care about the well-being of others when they are at a game, and no amount of intervention will ever change their view on the matter. They "paid for their ticket", and therefore have licence to do anything they want that is not in direct contradiction of the law.

It's not at all surprising to me, saw it all the time. It won't ever change, either. You either have to learn to ignore the inconsiderate jackasses, or stay home... there's really not too many other options. Arena staff only have so much power to remove guests, and every incident where a piece of crap avoids ejection only serves to reinforce that terrible behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
If there's one thing I learned as an Usher at SBP (CTC, whatever), it's that there is a small but vocal crowd who will defend their right to be an arse hole in the loudest, most obnoxious way possible.

Guests are, for the most part, free to conduct themselves in whatever manner they see fit... and for the most part, the people around them are free to judge them as utter buffoons and Grade-A jackasses as they see fit. The problem is that the really self-centered douchecanoes don't give a flying flip about what other people think of their clown behavior, so public shaming isn't an effective method to try and curb the behaviour. Even tossing them from the building when they take things a step too far won't change their view.

There is a small percentage of guests who insist they are being persecuted against when they are tossed for consuming 8 beers before the 2nd intermission and pulling their pants down in front of a female usher. There is a small percentage of guests who think that they are in the right when they punch an usher because he's asking them to stop propositioning the mother of three seating in front of them. There is a small percentage of guests who think it's completely fine to call a 5-year old Capitals fan "human garbage who should kill themselves".

I'm not saying Senz is a part of this group, far from it... but I am saying that there is a larger group that legitimately don't care about the well-being of others when they are at a game, and no amount of intervention will ever change their view on the matter. They "paid for their ticket", and therefore have licence to do anything they want that is not in direct contradiction of the law.

It's not at all surprising to me, saw it all the time. It won't ever change, either. You either have to learn to ignore the inconsiderate jackasses, or stay home... there's really not too many other options. Arena staff only have so much power to remove guests, and every incident where a piece of crap avoids ejection only serves to reinforce that terrible behaviour.

Beautiful post, Bonk.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Guests are, for the most part, free to conduct themselves in whatever manner they see fit... and for the most part, the people around them are free to judge them as utter buffoons and Grade-A jackasses as they see fit. The problem is that the really self-centered douchecanoes don't give a flying flip about what other people think of their clown behavior, so public shaming isn't an effective method to try and curb the behaviour. Even tossing them from the building when they take things a step too far won't change their view.

Would love to hear some of you and your former co-workers top stories on idiot fans at games. Tales from more serious buildings like in Philly/NY would likely blow some minds as well.

As you said above people are special, i know of a few people who were proud to sit in the "CTC Jail"

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
While i am in the position of generally allowing people do and say what they want at a sporting event within some reason (which opens the can up because common sense and within reason do not exist anymore), i understand that today's society has a minority rules mentality. It is no longer for the greater good of the people but to appease the small squeeky wheels. We see it every day from all forms of government to lawsuits, to large companies bending over backwords for just about everything.

Personally i would like to see adults and parents take more responsibility for themselves and their children and stop expecting rules/laws etc... to protect them.

As for those getting offended over the RSU, just another example of the above mentality, ignorence at it's finest..."i don't like/agree with this so nobody should and im going to make sure of it" LOL
This post is hilarious seeing as how the RSU considers any fan that just wants to sit quietly watching their team instead of standing up cheering loudly the entire game "not a real fan".

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
This post is hilarious seeing as how the RSU considers any fan that just wants to sit quietly watching their team instead of standing up cheering loudly the entire game "not a real fan".

I feel like you are stuck on this mindset, have you heard this from anyone recently? I had heard SOME people say this in the past, but you keep stating this as if its a current fact and the actual stance of the whole group. It's not.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I feel like you are stuck on this mindset, have you heard this from anyone recently? I had heard SOME people say this in the past, but you keep stating this as if its a current fact and the actual stance of the whole group. It's not.
Let's look at the "About Us" Page right on their website shall we?

If you’re at SBP, expect people to be rowdy. Don’t start arguments with someone over being loud, standing up, waving a flag, etc. It’s called supporting your team. If you wanted to watch the game in silence, we suggest watching it at home.

Source: http://www.redscarfunion.com/about-rsu/

--

Seems pretty simple when it's right there on their website.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
They are not attacking the people who arent loud, they attack the people that complain about it being too loud and rightfully so, they are at a hockey game for ****s sake.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
They are not attacking the people who arent loud, they attack the people that complain about it being too loud and rightfully so, they are at a hockey game for ****s sake.

They might want to reword it then because 'If you wanted to watch the game in silence, stay at home' sounds like that's exactly what they're doing.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
People could be silent and enjoy the loud atmosphere, im positive that its against the grandparents that tell you to shut up when you want to start a GO Sens Go chant, or the people that asked to be move because of them.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I feel alot of people here are taking this way out of context and that a few bad experiences have created a false opinion.

As an original RSA member who was there when it was stood up, the idea was to create an official fangroup to raise the level of fun/noise/excitement in our barn. Then tie this fan group to the franchise (which has been done and is recognized by the team) to create deals for fans which we had hoped would in turn help the team by providing a stronger atmosphere which players do pick up on. We were tired of every other teams fans coming in and making our team and town look minor league. Perhaps Ottawa is a market with poor fans but there is never a harm in trying.

Personally i have never heard anyone in the group even imply they are any better a fan than anyone else simply for being in said group. I have seen alot of people gain new freinds and relationships by attending games together in large groups and having a lot of fun.

I am older now and a lot less involved than in my younger days and perhaps am not as up to speed as to some of the shenanigans some seem to take issues with however i still support the group and the main cause of making our building in Ottawa somewhat feared by the opponent due to the noise level and general enthusiasm of the fans.

I was not in support of the spezza rally as i feel the group should focus only on positives and i am strongly pushing them to create some sort of properly planned fan fest/bbq/celebratory event by the fans for the fans with plenty of lead up time where sens fans of all kinds can come out and be around those with a similar interest in a fun atmosphere.

You have got to be kidding. When they changed to RSU and partnered with the Sens they had a table in the 200s....where the Bell booth is.

They were telling people that the only way to be a real fan was to join.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Would love to hear some of you and your former co-workers top stories on idiot fans at games. Tales from more serious buildings like in Philly/NY would likely blow some minds as well.

As you said above people are special, i know of a few people who were proud to sit in the "CTC Jail"

Not an usher....but my top idiot fan story.

Every been to a game where they pass buckets for donations? Usually to Rogers House. They are FULL of change.

At a Sens/Leafs game a drunken Leaf fan who had been berating people all night tossed the bucket at a Sens fan a few rows down. Change meant for dying children and their families rained down over half a section. Beauty :shakehead

--

Best part is half of them dont watch the damn game. Too bust facing their section cheerleading....uhh...I mean coordinating their chants.

I imagine it takes a lot of work to get people to sing along to something as lame as walking in a spezza wonderland.

John Holmes*

Shouting obscenities in a crowd?

Your parents must be proud. Who does that?

There is a proper way to conduct yourself in public. Too bad nobody ever taught you that.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

There is a proper way to conduct yourself in public. Too bad nobody ever taught you that.

The worst is he believes it's his right to be a loud-mouthed buffoon at a game and doesn't understand the common decency dictates that you don't drop f-bombs around children.

Honestly, I don't even have children but I politely asked you to stop swearing in front of my kid, and you made a stink about it, security wouldn't have time to get between us...

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014

Being loud is fine. But after your story about how you basically made a father and his child move seats after he asked you to stop swearing at your own team continuously, and felt proud about it, I think whatever you say is irrelevant from this point on.

Seriously. The absolute worst kind of fan.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Cool... btw remember your posting to a guy in your city bet you start attacking parents busy ;)

Being loud is fine. But after your story about how you basically made a father and his child move seats after he asked you to stop swearing at your own team continuously, and felt proud about it, I think whatever you say is irrelevant from this point on.

Seriously. The absolute worst kind of fan.

Theres ways on this site to "ignore" the worst kinds of fan.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010

--

Uhh cause you took it way out of context? Are you purposely doing this?

Full context:

R.S.U. Etiquette: (which means what they want members of the GROUP to do, not all sens fans)

NEVER start a fight with a fellow Sens fan. If you’re at SBP, expect people to be rowdy. Don’t start arguments with someone over being loud, standing up, waving a flag, etc. It’s called supporting your team. If you wanted to watch the game in silence, we suggest watching it at home.

So when you read that, it's about respecting others even if they are being loud or obnoxious. Nice try though. While I'm at it I'll post the rest of the post about showing others respect:

Treat SBP staff with respect: They may not understand our enthusiasm at time but they still deserve our respect. If a member of SBP staff is getting in your face about your passion, don’t yell, don’t make a scene… Be mature, be professional and ask to speak to her/his supervisor.

Drinking: Everyone enjoys a few beers at the game but have respect for your fellow RSU members and other fans around you. Please drink responsibly.

The game isn’t over until it’s over! Leaving with 2 minutes left is a slap in the face of the players on the ice who lay everything on the line for a full 60 minutes. A 2 minute head start will only get you home 2 minutes faster!

I honestly don't care about everyones views on this topic, just hate when people try to spread misinformation lol

They might want to reword it then because 'If you wanted to watch the game in silence, stay at home' sounds like that's exactly what they're doing.

Read the above, they are telling their fellow RSU members not to complain if others are cheering on their team. Easy to make that mistake though, as you only had one sentence of the whole paragraph highlighted.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Uhh cause you took it way out of context? Are you purposely doing this?

Full context:

R.S.U. Etiquette: (which means what they want members of the GROUP to do, not all sens fans)

NEVER start a fight with a fellow Sens fan. If you’re at SBP, expect people to be rowdy. Don’t start arguments with someone over being loud, standing up, waving a flag, etc. It’s called supporting your team. If you wanted to watch the game in silence, we suggest watching it at home.

So when you read that, it's about respecting others even if they are being loud or obnoxious. Nice try though. While I'm at it I'll post the rest of the post about showing others respect:

Treat SBP staff with respect: They may not understand our enthusiasm at time but they still deserve our respect. If a member of SBP staff is getting in your face about your passion, don’t yell, don’t make a scene… Be mature, be professional and ask to speak to her/his supervisor.

Drinking: Everyone enjoys a few beers at the game but have respect for your fellow RSU members and other fans around you. Please drink responsibly.

The game isn’t over until it’s over! Leaving with 2 minutes left is a slap in the face of the players on the ice who lay everything on the line for a full 60 minutes. A 2 minute head start will only get you home 2 minutes faster!

I honestly don't care about everyones views on this topic, just hate when people try to spread misinformation lol

Read the above, they are telling their fellow RSU members not to complain if others are cheering on their team. Easy to make that mistake though, as you only had one sentence of the whole paragraph highlighted.
?

I highlighted the relevant part.

Unlike you, I didn't add words to make it suit my narrative.

Fact is, the group is ridiculously arrogant about their fandom, and condescending about those that don't fit their fan style.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
?

I highlighted the relevant part.

Unlike you, I didn't add words to make it suit my narrative.

Fact is, the group is ridiculously arrogant about their fandom, and condescending about those that don't fit their fan style.

No you cut part of the post to suit your narrative.

I didn't add words, I just explained what it means because either you cut it intentionally or your reading comprehension is lacking. No point debating with you though since you have an obvious bias against the group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad