Blue Jays Discussion: Roy Halladay elected to 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame class

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Isn't he a free agent after next season?

If he does well, I sure hope the Jays try to sign to him to a reasonable extension. While they are loaded with young positional players, they are lacking in the pitching department for young players. Although with his recent whining, I am not too sure they would want him to sign an extension.

Will be tough to sign Sanchez because he is a Boras client.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Holy crap watching hilights and looks like Vladdy Jr has gained 25 lbs and not muscle. Kids gotta lay off the donuts. Unless he starts taking care of his body he will be a career DH. A very good DH but I want him to be a great positional player.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Holy crap watching hilights and looks like Vladdy Jr has gained 25 lbs and not muscle. Kids gotta lay off the donuts. Unless he starts taking care of his body he will be a career DH. A very good DH but I want him to be a great positional player.

It’s 2019. Is he not disciplined enough to eat properly?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He's 19 ... in the minor league. I suppose it'll be easier in the major. That's a big supposition, maybe he just dont care and he'll never get in shape. Hope it's not the case

They don’t train and eat right until they’re in the majors? I’m not buying that.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Stroman has become the Antonio Brown of baseball in terms of being whiny and hard to like, and isn’t even anywhere near as good at what he does as Brown is to boot.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
They don’t train and eat right until they’re in the majors? I’m not buying that.
Many of them eat horribly in the minors. It's all cheap food for the most part from what I understand, unless you really put in an effort or have the means. Guys in the minors don't make what guys in the, say, AHL would make even. They have a fixed standard contract that provides $1,100 a month and are riding buses.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Many of them eat horribly in the minors. It's all cheap food for the most part from what I understand, unless you really put in an effort or have the means. Guys in the minors don't make what guys in the, say, AHL would make even. They have a fixed standard contract that provides $1,100 a month and are riding buses.

Is that why they’re all fat and unfit?

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
It really does seem like a potentially huge competitive advantage of having personal trainers and chefs in the minors to give the prospects the best physical program possible.

Reactions: Mach85

metafour

Apr 6, 2008

He signed for $3.9 million and his father made a significant amount of money (yes, a lot of that likely went to trainers or 'buscones' or whatever). He isn't fat because he doesn't have the financial means to eat healthy.

He was always destined for this build. A lot of it is obviously pure genetics, if you look at some of those pics of him as a child.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Based on his age, it's too bad he goes to a team with such a good farm. NL though, so I mean.... can't worry about that too much.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I dont think he makes 7 tbh. Probably opts out after his 5th and gets AAV of 40m/yr at that point

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
So much for owners having smartened up and not giving out these types of deals.

Good on the Padres for signing him.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
from everything ive heard, isnt SD stacked? I know they got the stigma but he could be the piece to put them over the top. Especially if theyre still in talks with Harper

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $2,335.00