Euro: Round of 16 - Germany v. Denmark - June 29

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You don't have to like it but under currently the , by all teams accepted , rules the way this was officiated was absolutely correct. Offside was super close but with VAR thats just going to get called and the handball rule has been in effect like that for years now. Sucks for defenders but it is what it is .

I don't love the penalty kick changes either , albeit Havertz was not nearly was bad as Lewandowski against France , but the rules allow this now so its correct.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Except the moment the ball leaves the foot isn't on that picture. It is highly arguable like it or not.

As for the full stop for the penalty, I agree it's accepted right now even though it's against the rules.
Rules should be clarified. Or redone.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The ball is tracked by internal sensors 500x per second and players by optical sensors 50x, timing is therefore never an issue.

Full stop is allowed by the rules as long as the movement then continues before the run-up is complete. Only a full stop at the very end of the run-up is forbidden.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The ball is tracked by internal sensors 500x per second and players by optical sensors 50x, timing is therefore never an issue.

Full stop is allowed by the rules as long as the movement then continues before the run-up is complete. Only a full stop at the very end of the run-up is forbidden.
Yes and Lewa did it. Twice.

As for timing yes it's an issue. Rules weren't made by a CPU. Offside is when the ball leaves the foot of the passer. Tell me when that is now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yes and Lewa did it. Twice.

As for timing yes it's an issue. Rules weren't made by a CPU. Offside is when the ball leaves the foot of the passer. Tell me when that is now.

He’s saying that the sensors are used to determine when the ball is passed to take that visual.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad