Euro: Round of 16 - Germany v. Denmark - June 29

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Wirtz is a bit of an idiot savant, isn't he? Like he surely 100% knows he's offside there. I mean he was walking back presumably knowing he's offside, so why take the ball in that situation.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
All the props to Kroos to be honest. It's a muggy ass night and he's played 90 minutes..meanwhile some of those much much younger guys who came on with 20 minutes to go look like they just came from the Baatan death march.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Please don't ever start both Havertz & Sane together again, thanks.

Club type coaching over-tinkering with what was working fairly well just needed to have Fullkrug start instead of Havertz.

Should've left Mittelstadt on as well since Raum wasn't connecting with the attack.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Denmark in a game like this just had to hope they get something from a fairly small number of attempts, and the Germans are wasteful with their chances. And honestly, the Danes almost got it just right, so I can kinda see why Peter Schmeichel is upset.

Obviously that 60 second sequence at the start of the 2nd half with the disallowed goal and then the penalty was a crucial pivot point. But all things considered, it'd be silly to claim Germany didn't have more of the game. Germany for all their faults at least is a big nation that is consistently trying to score goals unlike the likes of France or England which are happy to sit back and absorb pressure even vs lower tier opponents.

Reactions: NyQuil and cgf

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Much better than Germany's final group stage match where the reffing was atrocious and VAR didn't step in. This time the situations all got called right in the end at least, however anticlimactic that might have been as it happened.

It’s just hard to celebrate goals

These things take way too long to check out

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Really happy for Nico to finally have a game for the NT where he doesn’t give away the most random of goals to undo all of his good work. This looked more like BVB-Schlotterbeck, I’d start him ahead of Tah against Spain…with Henrichs coming in at LB to bolster our defense against Yamal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Germany has for years played without any proper defensive midfield cover. They basically rely almost entirely on having athletic centerbacks and an aggressive goalkeeper. It's by design at this point, and it's also one of the main reasons why Germany have not gotten into a QF of a tournament in the previous three attempts. You can only win like that if you score goals up front with the chances you get, something Germany no longer has the great finishers for.

Nonsense. In Qatar our main problems were goalkeeping, finishing, and Wirtz having just returned from his knee injury

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Really happy for Nico to finally have a game for the NT where he doesn’t give away the most random of goals to undo all of his good work. This looked more like BVB-Schlotterbeck, I’d start him ahead of Tah against Spain…with Henrichs coming in at LB to bolster our defense against Yamal.
Except for almost conceding a goal from some totally inexplicable in-his-own-box dribbling which handed a chance to Hojlund

Reactions: luiginb

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

Attachments

• everything-i-dont-like-is-woke-v0-z2bb9wblrioa1.jpg
    everything-i-dont-like-is-woke-v0-z2bb9wblrioa1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: JoVel and luiginb

Ad