Euro: Round of 16 - England v. Slovakia - Jun. 30

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
All the yellow cards in this Euro for mild every day fouls are kind of a problem. It feels like if you're going to be that aggressive about cautions, you need to change things to keep these games from escalating . Like maybe 3 yellows for a red or make a red a timed penalty like for 20 minutes or something.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
All the yellow cards in this Euro for mild every day fouls are kind of a problem. It feels like if you're going to be that aggressive about cautions, you need to change things to keep these games from escalating . Like maybe 3 yellows for a red or make a red a timed penalty like for 20 minutes or something.

Amazingly, all four of these yellows are fair for what the infraction was.

Just weird to see 4 harsh/clumsy challenges so early in the match.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Commentator in German TV mentioned Bellingham wildly gesticulating in frustration about 30 seconds earlier. Clearly related.

And I think he was talking shit to the ref after the yellow as well. He's clearly frustrated but it'd honestly be weird if it wasn't. That entire team is so disjointed.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Amazingly, all four of these yellows are fair for what the infraction was.

Just weird to see 4 harsh/clumsy challenges so early in the match.
I thought the yellow for that Slovak dude - Kucka - was harsh. I mean it's a nothing challenge and just because England are sort of in transition in their own half..doesn't mean it needs to be looked at as 'preventing an opportunity'.

Reactions: Blender

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well Well Well . Lets see if the English can find their game now because now they have no other choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad