Euro: Round of 16 - Austria v. Türkiye - Jul. 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Part of me thinks this could be a wild game, something akin to Turkey's match against Germany way back in 08. Turkey have some key suspensions though

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Part of me thinks this could be a wild game, something akin to Turkey's match against Germany way back in 08. Turkey have some key suspensions though

Calhanoglu is a big loss, but they have some options who could step in and help the kids make things happen if that Austrian press doesn't get to them.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Last match of the R16 up

Hopefully the unlikeliest matchup gives some entertainment as this knockout round has been awful so far

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Last match of the R16 up

Hopefully the unlikeliest matchup gives some entertainment as this knockout round has been awful so far
Every chance this will be the best R16 match. An Austrian team noted for trying to make things happen offensively playing in perhaps their biggest match in 50 years, a Turkey team not known for defending but with plenty of skill and tons of fans from both teams to create a heated atmosphere.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
My dear infidel friends, it's Türkiye.
Sincerely yours, the great noble honorable President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
turkey-yeah.jpg

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Feels like a Turkey home game..
That's literally every Turkey game played on German soil. It could be a Turkey/Germany Final and it'd feel like a Turkey home game. It's similar to Mexico in the U.S.

I remember a few years back Germany beat Turkey in a match in Berlin and the German fans chanted "Auswärtssieg!" i.e. "Away Win!" (the standard chant for German away team fans when in the lead).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad