Prospect Info: Round 6, Pick 173: Ilya Pautov, RW, Krasnaya Armiya Moskva (MHL)

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
My favorite pick of our draft because I can lie to myself and hope he becomes the next Kaprisov until he falls off the rador three years from now. That gives me three years of hope.
Pautov-Barkey-Brink - The new Smurf Line!

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Krasnaya Armiya beat Dynamo Moscow 2-1
Pautov scored a GWG

Krasnaya Armiya finished the tournament with 3 wins and 2 loses (one of them in OT)
Pautov scored 3 goals in 5 games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just want to see more players like this. I'm so sick of the low ceiling/high floor players. They just don't move the needle enough for me.
I'd be curious what the success rate of scorers outside the top 100 is the last few years.

Before the league caught on that rule changes had opened up the ice for smaller players, you could steal a player like Bratt.
But I'd suspect that the better offense first undersized prospects are no longer overlooked.

It would be nice if Gendron or Pautov turn out to be steals, but I remember Kase getting hype before he crashed and burned.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'd be curious what the success rate of scorers outside the top 100 is the last few years.

Before the league caught on that rule changes had opened up the ice for smaller players, you could steal a player like Bratt.
But I'd suspect that the better offense first undersized prospects are no longer overlooked.

It would be nice if Gendron or Pautov turn out to be steals, but I remember Kase getting hype before he crashed and burned.
Along with pretty much every Flyers forward prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00