Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Since I haven't been around here too long, it has become a new favorite game of mine to go back to the first page of a thread to see what people said.

There are some good ones in these draft pick threads.

It pays not to say anything too outrageous.

Reactions: Tripod

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
It pays not to say anything too outrageous.

Or to think really any fan's takes on drafting have any credence. I try my best to follow prospects just to have familiarity, but there's too many for me to know anything about anyone or pretend that like, I can say "Oh they already have 4-5 goalies in the pipeline they should've selected a defenseman in this spot."

I haven't analyzed the goalie they picked, nor closely tracked the progress of the 4-5 already in the system, who am I to say anything there? Always kills me when people come out on these boards on draft day and say what their team SHOULD have done.

Reactions: Larry44

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Aside from the excitement of watching a competent goalie for the season.

We get a Carter Hart stadium series jersey/helmet/pads

Reactions: Tripod

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
I REALLY want to see him rack up the wins, but I kind of want to see us lose for Hughes or Kakko, wtf has happened to me in the Hakenhex years?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart is the real deal, what can be misleading is how efficient he is, no wasted motion.
You can see the improvement since he was promoted, more relaxed in the net, even more control of his side to side movement.
But not a lot of spectacular saves, because he's always in position and doesn't have to make those desperation moves very often.
Ask Laine whether Hart is a top goalie, I think he's still talking to himself.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I know it is early and he is young and everything but good grief man this kid looks like the realest deal in net that I have ever seen in a Flyers jersey (meaning guys I have actually seen play, so no Lindbergh, Parent, etc.). Every single game this team has a chance. Imagine if we had a good defense!!!
I've seen Bernie and Pelle too, and he has a chance to be as good as them one day. Hexy's rookie year was pretty special - he was unbeatable. Later they figured out his five-hole was weak. Hart needs to keep developing - he's going to be tested harder and harder, more traffic/contact, etc. What I like most is the confidence he inspires in his teammates. The whole team plays better when they know the goalie has their back.

It's my personal hockey mantra: the team that usually wins is the team that loves its goalie the most.

If your goalie competes, and never gives up, the team has motivation to give extra effort on the backcheck, blocking shots, etc. and the confidence to go for it on offense knowing every mistake isn't going in your own net.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
as far as command of his net, and controling a game. bernie is the most comparable that i have seen, of all flyers goaltenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad