GDT: Round 2, Game 3 | Habs @ Bolts | May 6 @ 7PM | CBC, TVA, NBCSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Even if the Habs somehow, by some crazy miracle, win this series, Bergevin will absolutely need to beef up that top-6.

You can't win games having a terrible offense like this. I believe they were 16th in the NHL for Goals For. They have the worst shot total and Goals For in the Playoffs of any team. Plus the worst PP.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Even if the Habs somehow, by some crazy miracle, win this series, Bergevin will absolutely need to beef up that top-6.

You can't win games having a terrible offense like this. I believe they were 16th in the NHL for Goals For. They have the worst shot total and Goals For in the Playoffs of any team. Plus the worst PP.

The busting of galchenyuk hasn't helped. Our top 6 would have been beefed up if he played like a top 6.

He is a big part of our offensive struggles

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Love the lines. Also bullish on our chances tonight and tomorrow. We will get back in this series you can count on it.

Dallas Eakins*

Tampa was the highest scoring team in the season, yet were shutout twice by a rookie goaltender. They were also predicted to oust Detroit in 4-5.

Vancouver went from a perennial playoff team to missing out for the first time in six years and tumbling all the way down to 24th, where the Sedins posted their worst production in a decade under John Tortorella. He gets fired and what to do you know? Both Sedins rank top ten in scoring and the Canucks claim all the way up to 8th.

But sure, coaching has no affect on a team.

....Did the hiring of MT not correspond with going from 3rd last to the playoffs and then improving from there? Whose forward core to say the least leaves alot to be desired.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I was just looking at NHL.com stats page and holy cow!

Among the PO teams, Habs are:

15th for G/G
9th GA/G
15th for PP%
15th for PK%

... and there's only 8 teams left! We can't even outperform the teams that are already eliminated. :laugh:

The funniest thing would be to squeeze out of the current serie with 4 one goal wins.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Keys to winning tonight:

1. Price has to have a shutout, as we cant score more than one goal.

2. Pray by some miracle we can score even just one goal.

About sums it up

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
We were in the same position last year against the Rangers but with Tokarski in the net. We went on to win game 3 in OT with Galchenyuk scoring off his body.

We ended up losing in 6 games with Tokarski.

Point is, we have Price in the net this time and everything is still possible. We take one tonight and we have a series.

JUST.WIN.TONIGHT.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Prust - Desharnais - Parenteau

May god be with us :help:
post-26672-I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-nyZP.gif

i-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth.gif

wait a second. put the ****tiest players on the same line? maybe it's genius! :laugh:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
wait a second. put the ****tiest players on the same line? maybe it's genius! :laugh:

Well, Therrien said they'd deal with Prust's dumb comments 'internally'. Maybe that's what he meant?

Having to play with DD and PAP is a very harsh punishment. Much worse than a 5k fine, IMO.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Feels like this could go one of two ways. Habs get a win and hope remains, or Habs dig a 0-3 hold from which they almost certainly won't recover.

Whatever happens, I hope this game is easier to watch than Game 6 vs Ottawa. Good God that game had me devouring my fingernails.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - DSP
Prust - DD - Weise
De la Rose - Mitchell - Flynn

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Habs lack offensive flair at the forward position, but they don't lack heart and determination.

I believe we'll win this one and make it a series.

Go Habs Go!

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
it is time to find out which players on this team are committed, as well it will prove hopefully that this team is so weak on the top 2 lines for scoring.

go habs go

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Great teams don't always win...

But they never ****ing give up !

C'mon boys Here We Go Red Here We Go !!!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'll reserve my naysaying and told you so's until Tampa wins the 4th one. Till then, there's always a way.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
My wife won't let me watch, says she and the kids are tired of my language and yelling at the TV. **** you Therrien, in advance of tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad