Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 13: Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL) - 7/6 Upd: Signed 3yr ELC

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
9jrmjgo8x7p01.jpg

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I mean it’s dev camp, I watched it - so take with a grain of salt, but he was everywhere. Best player in the ice.

I didn’t expect that.m
Bump and Bonk great as well.

Bump has some talent, maybe even top 6.

Did Luchanko and Bonk go head to head? I assume that would be the toughest matchup for Jett.

Definitely encouraging that we are at least hitting on our firsts these days. Probably means they will need a top 5 pick next year for a top center. But if so then there are at least a few good pieces coming.

Reactions: Hexxxy and scumpup

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Was it the best on his team at least?

Yep. Their top 6 was as follows (EV P/60 and Corsi)... though I am a bit wary of the Corsi numbers, I have tried to verify a bit at times over the course of a few games vs where get the info from and it does seem generally close though to what I would track.

Luchanko: 2.31 P/60, 50.1%
Bowman: 2.07 P/60, 53.7%
Namestnikov: 1.94 P/60, 51.0%
Alriksson: 1.70 P/60, 49.6%
Paquette: 1.65 P/60, 46.7%
Karabela: 1.61 P/60, 50.3%

2.31 might seem solid when compare to NHL... but most top CHL prospects are clocking over 3 P/60 in their draft year at EV... also his 3 most regular linemates had better play-driving numbers. Albeit marginal in 2/3 cases.

I hope he turns out great. But yeh, my guess is if things go well he is a 2nd liner.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I was reading this thread, saw Luchanko described as an "average athlete" and had to laugh. The guy was the first-ranked player in the CHL Prospects Game athletic/skills testing, and blew away the combine, as well.

Athleticism is probably his best trait.

I remember the Hockey Prospect guys in their thread saying it was wild to see comments about players that were the totally the opposite from true. Great skating but they had scouted them as poor, low IQ but they rated them as high, etc.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I was reading his thread on the main boards because that's where you get the more nuanced opinions these days and they compare him to Robert Thomas. I like that. I like Robert Thomas.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I mean it’s dev camp, I watched it - so take with a grain of salt, but he was everywhere. Best player in the ice.

I didn’t expect that.m
Bump and Bonk great as well.

Bump has some talent, maybe even top 6.
I tried telling you guys the year we took bump that I loved him and saw top 6 potential in him, kid is a gamer, has a hell of a shot, not a bad skater, goes to the dirty areas, does a lot of the small things very well lol him and kaplan I loved them as late round picks

Matchbox Twenty isn't my thing, personally
How about when he performed with Santana :sarcasm: (my favorite guitarist of all time personally)

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Speaking of bet, why is everything so hyper-focused on gambling these days?

The amount of betting ads during games is kinda silly.
There's huge money there so that's your reason for sudden legalizing and encouraging with constant advertising this awful scourge. Kinda messed up, even by our low standards, but hey any opportunity for huge corporations and criminal organizations to ruthlessly exploit the vulnerable and BOING the bought Congressmen are there to champion it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad