• Kings in 5

• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I like the depth a bit more, it’s not much deeper but I think the new guys are more suitable for the playoffs.

Skinner doesn’t look much better this season compared to last, I really hope he finds a new gear in the playoffs. The defense simply has to step it up from last playoffs, they weren’t good enough and Skinner shouldn’t have to face grade A chances left and right.
Skinner has looked way better than last year. He's made more A grade saves this year than last year and his weakness (glove hand) has gotten much better. He had a better season too in terms of stats. If it wasn't for the start the Oilers had or the Colorado game where Knoblauch threw him to the wolves, he'd be around the top 5 in the league in terms of numbers

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
3 playoffs say otherwise. Get ready for another terrible performance by him. He'll be so hyper focused on making the right play you will see him not anticipate any cycles and retreat infront of his goalie and screen him constantly

He's absolutely abysmal in the playoffs. I don't forsee a sudden change. If he regresses back to icing it every second play, this team is toast
Or get him an actual good partner he can play with. Let's count down his partners in his career when he found his way to be a top 4 Dman.

Bear
Ceci
Desharnais

Any of those look like top 4 Dmen to you like Tanev for example? Lmao

This all comes down to Skinner. Is he a legitimate starter? I'm still not convinced. And no, playing well for portions of 2 seasons does not mean he has established himself. He was horrible at the beginning of this season, poor in the playoffs last year, and some of his recent games haven't inspired confidence. When he's dialed in he's great, but that can be said of most goalies. If Skinner starts well and keeps his svp above .900 the Oilers will make it to the cup final.
I understand the start but are you using his rookie season as too? His recent games haven't been bad.

You're not convinced he's the starter. Then who is?

Pickard? The only games he's played are against non play off teams. In fact, he lost both games to Arizona. Does that inspire more confidence in you than Skinner?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Or get him an actual good partner he can play with. Let's count down his partners in his career when he found his way to be a top 4 Dman.

Bear
Ceci
Desharnais

Any of those look like top 4 Dmen to you like Tanev for example? Lmao
Please. I think we are well past blaming his play on partners. Cody Ceci is not the reason he drops to a knee and screens goalies. Desharnais is not the reason he makes horrible pinches and reverses the puck to nobody all game long

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Skinner has looked way better than last year. He's made more A grade saves this year than last year and his weakness (glove hand) has gotten much better. He had a better season too in terms of stats. If it wasn't for the start the Oilers had or the Colorado game where Knoblauch threw him to the wolves, he'd be around the top 5 in the league in terms of numbers

Even with that game, after Nov 10, he's 6th in save percentage for starters. 5th or 6th for goals against.

His record is 35-11-4.

He needs to hold up his side of the bargain once the playoffs come, but anyone still saying "Not my Fault Skinner" after every loss is lacking in critical thinking.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Please. I think we are well past blaming his play on partners. Cody Ceci is not the reason he drops to a knee and screens goalies. Desharnais is not the reason he makes horrible pinches and reverses the puck to nobody all game long
Look at what happened when we found Bouchard an ideal partner, I think an upgrade over Ceci where he can be supported better might be worth trying at the very least.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
So much pissing and moaning in here and we haven’t even played a game yet.
Last year don’t mean shit, new coaches and more experience should make a huge difference for this group. Need to stay injury free and pay attention to the defensive end. Some puck luck wouldn’t hurt either.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
What is lame is said celebrity trying to make it all about them. We’re here to watch the game, not to watch weird antics
It's not something I pay attention to so I'm generally curious...what has he done to make it all about him, above what 19,000 other people going to the game don't do?

Or are you mad at the media for giv8ng attention to specific people that just want to blend in with a crowd and cheer for their team?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Look at what happened when we found Bouchard an ideal partner, I think an upgrade over Ceci where he can be supported better might be worth trying at the very least.
Bouchard didn't get better only because of Ekholm tho. Bouch still mkes a ton of pinches, most times good, but alot don't go his way. His analytics got better b/c Ekholm covers for him more, so the misses are not as noticeable or end in a negative play. Also, when he passes to Ekholm, he can actually make a play, so it ends in another positive.
Overall Bouchards game hasn't really changed that much. Of course he has grown from playing w/ a partner he can trust, but there is TOOOOO much emphasis put on his growth as a player is all b/c of Ek. Bouchard has always had talent and still does the same things

As for Nurse, no doubt a better partner would benefit him in some areas. However, a better partner is not gonna stop him from dropping to a knee infront of his goalie, flinging it up the boards to the other team, or skating it low and making a bad pass. Those are intrinsic tendencies he's had his whole career. I highly doubt a better partner changes his IQ

Reactions: Giggleplex

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Bouchard didn't get better only because of Ekholm tho. Bouch still mkes a ton of pinches, most times good, but alot don't go his way. His analytics got better b/c Ekholm covers for him more, so the misses are not as noticeable or end in a negative play. Also, when he passes to Ekholm, he can actually make a play, so it ends in another positive.
Overall Bouchards game hasn't really changed that much. Of course he has grown from playing w/ a partner he can trust, but there is TOOOOO much emphasis put on his growth as a player is all b/c of Ek. Bouchard has always had talent and still does the same things

As for Nurse, no doubt a better partner would benefit him in some areas. However, a better partner is not gonna stop him from dropping to a knee infront of his goalie, flinging it up the boards to the other team, or skating it low and making a bad pass. Those are intrinsic tendencies he's had his whole career. I highly doubt a better partner changes his IQ
Ekholm also got way better compared to his Nsh days because he gets to play with Bouch.

Reactions: Giggleplex

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
No but isn't it odd how he didn't do it as much after coaching staff got changed?

Injured apparently

I think people need to relax with ripping Kane. He's been better the last while and he does have 24 goals. I mean how is that bad lol
I don't mean as in Kane doesn't deserve a spot, but Holloway should be in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad