Pre-Game Talk: Round 1: Oilers vs Kings - 2024 Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who takes it?:

• Oilers in 4

• Oilers in 5

• Oilers in 6

• Oilers in 7

• Kings in 4

• Kings in 5

• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I think people need to relax with ripping Kane. He's been better the last while and he does have 24 goals. I mean how is that bad lol
Ya, he's coming exactly as advertised, streaky player that goes games between goals, but when he's ON he's a physical force that nets you 2 goals

Exactly what this team can afford to ice

You have several top elite players that can contribute consistently, when kane has o e of those night, awesome

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Hopefully she's off somewhere filming one of her Hallmark movies. Just not in LA...lol
Wife: Lets watch a Christmas movie.

Me: I know a few....heh

She's gorgeous. The movie could be terrible and I manage to watch some. Her movies are definitely not my genre but in the spirit of expanding my horizons (sarcasm) I make some exceptions.

I will say that at least she's getting parts and films. I'm sure Leon has to watch. Maybe she'll get some bigger movies someday.

Reactions: Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Someone make a bingo card on the stupid things that are gonna happen
There are lots:
-Biased officiating that hand out LA PPs like candy
-McDavid continually being molested without any calls
-Our superstars overpassing in the slot
-Oilers goals that get called back due to the false perception of goaltender interference
-Skinner reverting to last year's playoff form
-Kane, Nurse, and Draisaitl losing their temper and taking stupid penalties
-The power play playing in a static and predictable fashion
-Nurse, Ceci, and Desharnais turning into pylons
-Hyman's hot mitts going ice cold
-An injury to key player(s)
-RNH, McLeod, and Foegele all disappearing
-Henrique, Perry, and Ryan looking like senior citizens
-Bouchard and Draisaitl serving up hot LA-style pizzas

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Just went down a rabbithole of learning about the HFDallas purge. Let's just say this site, and what is and isn't allowed (especially on the mainboards), makes a lot more sense now.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Wife: Lets watch a Christmas movie.

Me: I know a few....heh

She's gorgeous. The movie could be terrible and I manage to watch some. Her movies are definitely not my genre but in the spirit of expanding my horizons (sarcasm) I make some exceptions.

I will say that at least she's getting parts and films. I'm sure Leon has to watch. Maybe she'll get some bigger movies someday.

That's easy, Bad Santa.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
GLgOOtkWgAEBzXh.jpeg

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
There are lots:
-Biased officiating that hand out LA PPs like candy
-McDavid continually being molested without any calls
-Our superstars overpassing in the slot
-Oilers goals that get called back due to the false perception of goaltender interference
-Skinner reverting to last year's playoff form
-Kane, Nurse, and Draisaitl losing their temper and taking stupid penalties
-The power play playing in a static and predictable fashion
-Nurse, Ceci, and Desharnais turning into pylons
-Hyman's hot mitts going ice cold
-An injury to key player(s)
-RNH, McLeod, and Foegele all disappearing
-Henrique, Perry, and Ryan looking like senior citizens
-Bouchard and Draisaitl serving up hot LA-style pizzas
Add: the brain damaged fan in LA who whistles every time the Oilers enter the zone, thinking it will confuse them by making them think the ref blew the whistle. f*** that guy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Sid with an excellent break down of things

Good article.
I like that he touched on the fact that the Kings are not as good as they were last season.
The Dubois trade alone made that team weaker and when you factor in that their core players are getting up there that means an LA team that is a step down from where they were at this time last season. I also dont think that Talbot is a difference maker or that Hiller is a better coach than McLellan.

The Oilers IMO are better than last season. The only exception to that is Darnell Nurse but he wasnt exatcly a difference maker last playoffs either. He was a liability in the Vegas series.
Overall the Oilers have more offensive depth...more size...more experience...a better top pairing on D....and better coaching than last season.

I just dont see how the Kings can overcome their own deficiencies and overcome the fact that the Oilers are a better team (compared to last season) and win much more than a game in this series.
Luck and the Refs could play a role though so we shall see how it plays out.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The Connor Brown redemption arc ends with a 14 goal playoffs with multiple GWG's.

I can't accept any way the Oilers lose this LA series unless they horribly underachieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad