WC: Roster Talk '12 — Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Seems like Frögren is going to get cut and Brodin gets to stay, according to Ros. I really hope that that's the case, I really like Brodin and we got better than Frögren with the NHL-players joining. :nod:

edit: Olausson, Bång, Fasth, Frögren, Ahnelöv, Fernholm are all cut, rest seems to get to stay.

Really too bad about Olausson, guess it shows that no matter how well you outplay others in the pre-tournament games you will still get cut before the coaches golden boys. I really don't get how he got cut before players like Larsson and Persson but oh well, it's not the end of the world.

edit2: I just noticed that Ekholm didn't get cut, what the hell? He has been terrible for Tre Kronor.

Last edited:

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Another WC with Persson. :shakehead

I don't get that either, I would have loved to see Fasth get that spot instead. Persson was terrible in the last WC and hasn't impressed at all in Tre Kronor this year either. Really bad move from MÃ¥rts. :shakehead

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I like the cuts, Niklas Persson staying is the only one I have trouble with.
I mean I think he is a good player, but he has played just awful the last few games, the worst I have ever seen from him on the NT.

Nice to see Ahnelöv and Fernholm go, they have been really awful lately. I have no trouble with Ekholm staying, he is really a good player that played some not very excellent games, players like Ahnelöv and Fernholm just haven´t got them in them to play on this level.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Alfredsson - Zetterberg - Franzén
Stalberg - Krüger - Eriksson
Landeskog - Jarnkrok - Silfverberg
Zackrisson/Larsson - Lundqvist - Pettersson (PLEASE NO PERSSON)

Karlsson - Hjalmarsson
Kronwall - Ericsson
Hedman - Brodin

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Do we really care who's the 13th and 14th forward? I don't think his play justified it, but after all Persson has kinda deserved to play a World Champs at home or at least be a part of the team. He's a good guy and probably better to have in the locker room than any other of these guys.

Not to mention that we're probably gonna have more players coming after the second round.

I would play Zackrisson, Larsson 13th forward and Persson can eat some popcorn.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Karlsson - Hjalmarsson
Kronwall - Ericsson
Hedman - Brodin

Who would have thought that Brody was to become the sole SEL defender on a WC team?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Do we really care who's the 13th and 14th forward? I don't think his play justified it, but after all Persson has kinda deserved to play a World Champs at home or at least be on the team. He's a good guy and probably better to have in the locker room than any other of these guys.

Not to mention that we're probably gonna have more players coming after the second round.

I would play Zackrisson, Larsson 13th forward and Persson can eat some popcorn.

Zackry and Larsson as 13th and 14th to leave room for Bäckis and Berglund.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010

Karlsson - Hjalmarsson
Kronwall - Ericsson
Hedman - Brodin

I like your lines but I would maybe swap Alfredsson and Stålberg and have Zackrisson on the 4th line for sure. I'd like to keep Persson and Larsson as far away from the ice as possible, same goes for Ekholm.

Would also like to see S.Kronwall instead of Ericsson but I doubt that will happen.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Who would have thought that Brody was to become the sole SEL defender on a WC team?

I don't think he'll play over Kronwall jr. But 7th D over Ekholm is entirely possible.

We'll see. Now when I think about it I think Marts will submit and dress 7 D's(maybe even 6) and 12 F's for the game on Friday. That leaves us one goalie spot(Lundqvist, Lindback) and three other spots(Ekman-Larsson, Hornqvist, Steen, Berglund, Backstrom, Johansson). Why submit 13 F's when you don't have to.

Last edited:

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Would also like to see S.Kronwall instead of Ericsson but I doubt that will happen.

Why? Ericsson played his best hockey ever not long ago in the playoffs. No way I'd put Staffan ahead of him. Untimely shots from the blueline are great and all, but not what they need when they have Niklas and Erik Karlsson on the team.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Say what? Guys like Persson and Ekholm got to stay? What on earth can they possibly contribute with, besides maybe being "good guys"? Maybe being team mascots at best. :thumbd:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

Karlsson - Hjalmarsson
Kronwall - Ericsson
Hedman - Brodin

2nd line scares me... Great quality but I don't trust the motivation/experience... I want Alfredsson there, otherwise I think they may disappear (L.Eriksson has done this before...).

Oh, and S.Kronwall ahead of Brodin. I love Brodin but at the moment S.Kronwall is of much better use imo.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
2nd line scares me... Great quality but I don't trust the motivation/experience... I want Alfredsson there, otherwise I think they may disappear (L.Eriksson has done this before...).

Oh, and S.Kronwall ahead of Brodin. I love Brodin but at the moment S.Kronwall is of much better use imo.

I agree(about Loui and second line). He kinda gets wasted away and takes too much defensive responsibility.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Landeskog
Alfredsson-Kruger-Eriksson
Silfverberg-Jarnkrok-Stalberg
Zackrisson-Lundqvist-Pettersson

That's probably how I would form it.

I think Landeskog would complement well on the first, and he can play the possession game.

Eriksson and Alfredsson played together in the Olympics, Kruger is a fine playmaker that should fit in well.

Jarnkrok and Silfverberg should play together, Stalberg will cause further havoc for the defense.

Fourth line, I just like the fit of Zackrisson over Larsson for that particular line. And I'm pretty sure Zackrisson and Pettersson have played with each other before on the junior teams(both Frolunda and Sweden).

So basically, four pairs of Z & Mule, Eriksson & Alfie, Silfver & Iron, Lundy and Pettersson where four guys are added appropriately. Should help form the chemistry.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Say what? Guys like Persson and Ekholm got to stay? What on earth can they possibly contribute with, besides maybe being "good guys"? Maybe being team mascots at best. :thumbd:
Didn't you hear? Mehkholm is the best D to ever play in the SEL. Of course he's staying.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Metal line:

Silver berg - Iron Hook (Järnkrok) - Stål (Steel) berg

magnus svensson*

Is it just me or does the Swe:Dish rooster look like the weakest on many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad