Roster Speculation part XXIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
Maybe the question is who has more market value: Kane or Girgs?

Honestly depends on the team. Right now both could net similar returns. That being said their value is below what we SHOULD be able to get for them. I wait another year and then shop. We need one of Bailey, Nylander, Carrier to step up this year to make them expendable

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
Here's what I don't get. Word has it that he wants to be 'close to home'. So, allegedly, Det is out of the picture. Some even suggest Chi is too because they're further.

Does he want to be close to home so he can go there often? After practice? After games? When they have a few days off? Would he drive? Fly?

NYC to Boston is 4-5 hours by car, ~1 hour flying. Buf to Boston 1.25 hours flying. NJ similar.

Point is, unless he's living in BOS, he could fly home quick from anywhere else. Even from Chi it's just over a 2 hour flight.

Just seems that it may be a foregone conclusion if being 'close to home' has much weight or is the deciding factor. Yes, there are other factors such as role on team, team trajectory, etc.

Either way, I hope this ends soon so we can get back to the business of hockey.

You forgot 1.50 hours from Toronto...

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
'Close to home' seems to be 1-2 hours direct flight. I would think CHI is in the mix as a great opportunity that is still reachable by a modest flight to Boston. The funny thing is once he settles down with his team, makes friends, and starts a serious relationship, it's not going to matter as much.

I think one thing that BUF can really sell is the young team atmosphere they are building. A good core of NCAA guys as well...

IronSac

Aug 18, 2016
Vesey

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Take this for pure entertainment value, and I am not vouching for it at all.

My friend is working at the arena doing some flooring in the offices, and he texted me this message:

"So I'm working at the arena I "accidentally" overheard Bylsyma talking about Vesey, According to him its down to 2 teams. Toronto or Buffalo."

Take it for what its worth, but this guy is legit and a straight shooter.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

My friend is working at the arena doing some flooring in the offices, and he texted me this message:

"So I'm working at the arena I "accidentally" overheard Bylsyma talking about Vesey, According to him its down to 2 teams. Toronto or Buffalo."

I doubt the Sabres have this info.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Feel free to keep posting after the Vesey news is over. Always nice to see different opinions on the boards.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I can't see him picking Buffalo at this point. CHI, PIT, BOS, NYR are all pretty good options for different reasons.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

its not that farfetched of a post, vesey's agent said he wasnt signing tonight maybe he is taking the night to decide between the two and his agent relayed that to the two teams with the respect of the twams to keep quiet until tomorrow

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I'll be stunned if it's Buffalo or Toronto and if it turns out to be Toronto I don't even need an investigation to know there's some kind of cap circumvention involved - like guaranteeing his father's job, boosting his salary, considerations for his brother who is Leafs property

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Would anybody here trade Justin Bailey straight up for Jimmy Vesey? For me it's a hell no, Bailey is 2 years younger and has a 20 goal AHL season under his belt and superior physical assets.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Has anyone suggested that Risto and Girgs remain unsigned because Buffalo wants to show the available cap space to Vesey? I mean there was a tweet saying Risto and Buffalo are in the same ball park yet the signing remains unknown.

or is that tin foil hat territory?

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I'll be stunned if it's Buffalo or Toronto and if it turns out to be Toronto

I'd hate that.

It'd be like Babcock all over again.

It'd be like us losing two draft lotteries in a row from 30th place and then Toronto taking to the bottom one year and winning. (Not that I'm unhappy with Eichel and Reinhart, it's just the principle of it).

I'm sick of Toronto getting the breaks that we don't get.

Honestly I wouldn't care if Vesey signs with Boston or Rangers because those are mediocre teams with aging cores that will trend down over the next few years in any event. But Toronto would bother me.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Would anybody here trade Justin Bailey straight up for Jimmy Vesey? For me it's a hell no, Bailey is 2 years younger and has a 20 goal AHL season under his belt and superior physical assets.

This is a good point, actually. I'd value Bailey slightly higher than Vesey.

I wonder how many others feel similarly.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'd hate that.

It'd be like Babcock all over again.

It'd be like us losing two draft lotteries in a row from 30th place and then Toronto taking to the bottom one year and winning. (Not that I'm unhappy with Eichel and Reinhart, it's just the principle of it).

I'm sick of Toronto getting the breaks that we don't get.

Honestly I wouldn't care if Vesey signs with Boston or Rangers because those are mediocre teams with aging cores that will trend down over the next few years in any event. But Toronto would bother me.

But think of the "fun" with the rivalry...

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo

I think GMTM would favor Vesey, but I think it's too close to call IMO

So I wouldn't trade Vesey for Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad