Roster Speculation 2015-16 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Why not, oh master of player evaluation?

purchasing extremely high on a "star" that couldn't successfully generate his own offense for the vast majority of his career is pretty much the worst thing a rebuilding team could do

well not as bad as trading eichel for kessel but

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Nash doesn't fit the timeline or what Murray has said with regard to the age range of players he'll be looking to acquire.

The target age comments from Murray articulate a preference, not a rigid (and arbitrary) structure to which he's going to slavishly adhere. Do you think that if Logan Couture was available that Tim would slap his knee and say, "Dammit, Couture is 26, if only he was 24 I could make an offer for him?" Ditto Pavelski at 30. If a 1st line player of Nash's age and ilk pop free, I'd hope Tim kicks tires at the very least.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Nash has had some of the highest even strength production in the league for the past 5 years. Yeah he's old and his contract is a bit crazy but hes not bad.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
The target age comments from Murray articulate a preference, not a rigid (and arbitrary) structure to which he's going to slavishly adhere. Do you think that if Logan Couture was available that Tim would slap his knee and say, "Dammit, Couture is 26, if only he was 24 I could make an offer for him?" Ditto Pavelski at 30. If a 1st line player of Nash's age and ilk pop free, I'd hope Tim kicks tires at the very least.

There's a big difference between ages 26 and 31. The team isn't close to being ready to compete as a serious playoff contender. Couture almost certainly will still be a productive player in 3 years. Nash, OTOH would be a question mark. Beyond that, Nash notoriously disappears in the playoffs. I'd pass.

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Who was creating his offense for him in C-bus? If you even say Brassard...

early on he was dependent on vyborny much more than you'd expect from a superficial glance (which is funny because v couldn't do **** else), he'd flash power moves and make incredible plays and then go back to being russian roulette inducing

Now he was clearly the best player on the team, even when zherdev was styling, but outside of 08-09 where I thought he was turning a corner he was never the sort of "star" player you'd think

that's not to say he's a bad player but he's absolutely the kind of guy who's going to fall off hard within a few years

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
His two-way game is too good for him to fall off unless it's completely based in athleticism.

I really think it is. I could be wrong, but I expect the body to die.

If we were two or three years ahead he'd be one of those cup winning acquisitions

Bps21*

The buyout period begins today right?

Asking for a friend (who realizes Hodgson has to get gone)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The buyout period begins today right?

Asking for a friend (who realizes Hodgson has to get gone)

48 hrs after cup won....Midnight Thursday morning thru the end of the Month.

If Hodgson was to be bought out it would be done after the draft.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Man, I'm running the #s on the Hawks

Assuming Sharp, Bickell, Shaw can be moved with no major salary coming back and Oduya walks:

Versteeg(2.2)-Toews(10.5)-Hossa (5.3)
Kane (10.5)

That's 28.5 M for 5 forwards

Keith(5.5)-Seabrook (5.8)
Hammer (4.1)

15.4 for 3 D-men

Crawford (6)

49.9M for 4 forwards, 3 d-men, and 1 G.

That leaves: 21M for 9 Forwards, 4 D-men, and a backup goalie

You have Teravinen @ 900K
TVR @ 925k
Panarin @ 800K
Darling @ 600k

~3.2M for 2 forwards, 1 D-man and a backup goalie

So, 17.8 M for 7 forwards, 3 d-men.

Assume Saad @ 4 M per on a bridge deal.

13.8 M for 6 forwards 3 d-men.

That's....tight.

C'mon Chicago, do the right thing, send Patty Kane back home to Buffalo :laugh:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Johns + Hartman are basically locks to be on NHL roster next year. Hawks love both

Listen, all we want is for you to tear a core piece out of your franchise's dynasty and send him to our team for the sake of having more cap room!

Just think of all you could buy with all that cap room! You could even get another franchise player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad