Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Gauthier had 1 game. At least Foudy eas on the scoresheet in BPT. Wahlstrom is a waste of space. Roy only trusts him at 5 on 5 for 9 minutes a game and Lou still won’t waive him. Is he afraid of 26 being claimed lol.

This isn’t a net positive. It’s a lateral move at best. There’s no improvement. Just bodies we haven’t tried yet this season.
I don’t get why he’d be worried about Whalstrom too, who cares. Been years since the kid showed anything.

I think this just comes down to me liking Engvall.

Reactions: MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Matt Martin is back? My God, why? Clutter would have been a much better option, and even that would suck.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
This team is bruuuutal

Disgusting. Martin, Fasching, and Engvall back in Islanders jerseys
I laugh at this bc the isles have been making the playoffs with those players…

All the hope and glory over the PTOs fans wanted on the team has been washed out to sea - they showed their true colors. Lou and Roy gave them their opportunities and they squandered it.

you knew at some point he was getting signed. Lou clearly likes and values him, Lou was/is going to get him his 1000 games played
Lou and Roy are not bringing Martin back for a milestone. They are bringing him bc some of the other players brought it to push him out didn’t do that.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I laugh at this bc the isles have been making the playoffs with those players…

All the hope and glory over the PTOs fans wanted on the team has been washed out to sea - they showed their true colors. Lou and Roy gave them their opportunities and they squandered it.

Lou and Roy are not bringing Martin back for a milestone. They are bringing him bc some of the other players brought it to push him out didn’t do that.
As bad as Gauthier is at least he can skate, at this point in his career what does Martin bring to the table?

Reactions: FoxYou727

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Everyone will have their own opinion on Barzal. One thing I think most everyone would agree with is that Lou has failed to bring enough elite talent into the team.
I love this post.

If Barzal does not produce, he will get criticized by posters. If he does, then it silences that crowd. #13 does what many in the NHL cannot do, especially on this roster: gain the zone. We need more players of his skill level and speed, not less.

Overall,
The good signs are "the swarm" has been effective in the d zone and I love the agreesive style; the goaltending has been very good. The top 4 have been good, I really like what I have seen from Pelech, however, two mistakes by Dobson late in games have cost regulation wins and 1 point.

I still believe the team is a premier goal scorer away from being SC contenders. It will be difficult to acquire that type of talent - need a Horvat-type deal, or Cole Eiserman needs to be the next coming.

I would have liked to see more of Foudy before being sent down. I don't mind the Engvall recall and the signing of Martin.

Last edited:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I actually think Pageau has had a fantastic start to the year. I think this is the first stretch I have ever seen the good Pageau since he got hurt in the Tampa series.
I think Lee has also looked very good and I am encouraged by Tsyplakov and Maclean's play.

I am thinking of two different lineups they could run out there -
  • Horvat - Barzal - Tsyplakov
  • Lee - Nelson - Palmieri
  • Cizikas - Pageau - Holmstrom
  • Engvall - Maclean - Wahlstrom
OR
  • Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
  • Lee - Pageau - Holmstrom
  • Cizikas - Maclean - Wahlstrom
Blue line - I would actually like to see Cholowski line up tonight.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
As bad as Gauthier is at least he can skate, at this point in his career what does Martin bring to the table?
He’s reliable and knows what to do with close to 1k games to know that. Gauthier can’t do anything, but skate and the coach has determined he is UNreliable in all other areas of the game.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I think Lee has also looked very good and I am encouraged by Tsyplakov and Maclean's play.

I am thinking of two different lineups they could run out there -
  • Lee - Nelson - Palmieri
  • Cizikas - Pageau - Holmstrom
  • Engvall - Maclean - Wahlstrom
OR
  • Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
  • Lee - Pageau - Holmstrom
  • Cizikas - Maclean - Wahlstrom
Blue line - I would actually like to see Cholowski line up tonight.

I would like Holmstrom to get a couple of more weeks of run on that first line. This being said I think your post here and thoughts on Lee, Pageau, and Tsyplakov are realistic takes in a sea of negativity right now.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I actually think Pageau has had a fantastic start to the year. I think this is the first stretch I have ever seen the good Pageau since he got hurt in the Tampa series.
If Pageau isn’t a 20-30-50pt player there’s no way to trade him without an add-on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad