Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I think that the isles have a serious 4th line problem if we are bringing back Matt Martin

also Engvall should be here and Holmstrom sent back down. Buddy, you need to learn to shoot the puck.

Reactions: FoxYou727

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Martin Signed. Fourth line has been abysmal and and I don’t think Roy wants Mayfield or Lee in the box for fighting. Foudy has been invisible, I’m all for it
Yep. Guessing Lou and Patty didn’t like Mayfield having to fight McDermid. The Whalstrom era may be coming to an end.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Come see the old retreads blow another lead and maybe win in OT, maybe lose in OT, for top dollar only at UBS! If you're lucky, you may get to see another shutout too!

• Haha

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Yep. Guessing Lou and Patty didn’t like Mayfield having to fight McDermid. The Whalstrom era may be coming to an end.
I think it’s Foudy going down but if they did send down Wally they could bring up Engvall as well.

Tsyplakov - Horvat - Barzal
Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
Lee - Pageau - Holmstrom
Martin - Maclean - Cizikas

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
you knew at some point he was getting signed. Lou clearly likes and values him, Lou was/is going to get him his 1000 games played

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Clutterbuck will be our TDL addition and the marketing of "The Best 4th Line in Hockey: Reunited and Reinvigorated" will make me want to toss myself off the Lighthouse behind the goal.
and then we also keep Palms and Nelson

Reactions: MJF

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly not sure why they didn’t do that immediately? Probably because Engvall and Fasching have been terrible in BPT

Kind of scared for what this means for lines tbh. Really hoping it’s Tsyplakov or Lee on line one and not Fasching/Engvall/Wahlstrom/Holmstrom

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Not worse. Just equally bad.

Thess are the kinds of moves you make when you’re boxed in with bad contracts.
Do foudy, gauthier, whally or McLean have a single point between them all? I’m going to take Martin and Engvall over Foudy, Gauthier and whally. Net positive.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Do foudy, gauthier, whally or McLean have a single point between them all? I’m going to take Martin and Engvall over Foudy, Gauthier and whally. Net positive.
Gauthier had 1 game. At least Foudy eas on the scoresheet in BPT. Wahlstrom is a waste of space. Roy only trusts him at 5 on 5 for 9 minutes a game and Lou still won’t waive him. Is he afraid of 26 being claimed lol.

This isn’t a net positive. It’s a lateral move at best. There’s no improvement. Just bodies we haven’t tried yet this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad