Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
5 games in and you're ready to throw in the towel? Geezus.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to say. The pace of play is up, we are more aggressive on the PK and the style is more fun to watch. We need a new approach on the PP. Duclair's injury hurts, but maybe we see a few new opportunities, such as Holmstrom getting an extended look on the top line, and either Foudy or a Jeffries getting a look.

Wally also gets a reprieve, and if you actually listen to Roy, he's been saying good things about him.

If you honestly think you are watching Lambert's team a year later, it isn't the same style of play.
?? Making a comment that the team is playing just like they did last year is throwing in the towel? Wow, no comments are safe here, lol.

The team IS playing the same exact way. The PP sucks, the PK is disjointed and still giving up prime chances, and we can't hold a lead. It's a fair observation. Just because OP is noticing the comparable parts doesn't mean they are giving up or think the season will continue that way.

Was being a bit sarcastic. I think team will be fine, and am happy with the additions.

You have to admit even with the new guys, the results the last five games have been straight out of the 23/34 season.
You aren't wrong. The same inconsistency is there too. To me it's a mirror of last season, but still early.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
No I don't
They lose the Montreal gme last year
And Sorokin by himself elevates last year if he continues like this
I agree they lose the Montreal game last season due to their inability to score in a shootout, but how did it get to that? A blown lead just like last season. Here are a few examples off the top of my head that give me nightmares of last season…

-The PP and PK are at the bottom of the league AGAIN

-blown leads late in third/ brutal mental mistakes

-Giving up goals immediately after scoring

-end of period goals against

-inability to finish or take advantage of matchups against back up goalies

-possibly only NHL team unable to score during a 4 on 3 OT PP

The sky isn’t falling and there is plenty of time to right the ship, but these five games have looked exactly like last season besides the shootout goal and an empty netter before February.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Can this team just stay healthy for a season?!? Lost significant time to two top 4 D men last year, Barzal the year prior, and now, a top-6 goalscorer. This is an underrated loss—skill and depth scoring.

The way this team is constructed they need all their horses. Sigh, demotivating.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Can this team just stay healthy for a season?!? Lost significant time to two top 4 D men last year, Barzal the year prior, and now, a top-6 goalscorer. This is an underrated loss—skill and depth scoring.

The way this team is constructed they need all their horses. Sigh, demotivating.

In this sport and in this league, pretty much half the teams out there can reckon with losing 1-3 key players for a good half of the season or so, basiclly every year.

More injuries will come and yes, guys like Pelech and Pulock can be chalked up as "prone".

What I've marvelled at more than anything else is how little time Barzal has missed in his 7+ seasons to date. Playing like he does with a target on his back... Impressive.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I would love to see a few things happen that I reckon will cause some disagreements here:

1.) Foudy should have made the team and needs to be called up. Well it is not NEEDED but it is wanted for me.

2.) give Wahlstrom a month long stint on line one. If it fails put him on waivers.

3.) if Wahlstrom fails throw Holmstrom up on line one. Still think there is a top six player there.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I would love to see a few things happen that I reckon will cause some disagreements here:

1.) Foudy should have made the team and needs to be called up. Well it is not NEEDED but it is wanted for me.

2.) give Wahlstrom a month long stint on line one. If it fails put him on waivers.

3.) if Wahlstrom fails throw Holmstrom up on line one. Still think there is a top six player there.

Gotta say, sounds like you've covered most of the options at the moment.

Of course, with Duclair going to LTIR, we should expect Engvall back up here and likely Holmstrom getting a look with Barzy and Horvader.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Of course, with Duclair going to LTIR, we should expect Engvall back up here and likely Holmstrom getting a look with Barzy and Horvader.

Bo Horvader's new helmet

1729595492211.jpeg

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I believe if they put Duclair on LTIR, they stop accruing cap space. I’d rather they run through Jefferies, Foudy, Fasching, Karlstrom, and maybe even Dufour/Maggio before calling Engvall back up. Pierre is a known entity at this point and hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire down in Bridgeport.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I agree they lose the Montreal game last season due to their inability to score in a shootout, but how did it get to that? A blown lead just like last season. Here are a few examples off the top of my head that give me nightmares of last season…

-The PP and PK are at the bottom of the league AGAIN

-blown leads late in third/ brutal mental mistakes

-Giving up goals immediately after scoring

-end of period goals against

-inability to finish or take advantage of matchups against back up goalies

-possibly only NHL team unable to score during a 4 on 3 OT PP

The sky isn’t falling and there is plenty of time to right the ship, but these five games have looked exactly like last season besides the shootout goal and an empty netter before February.
Exactly this....

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
I believe if they put Duclair on LTIR, they stop accruing cap space. I’d rather they run through Jefferies, Foudy, Fasching, Karlstrom, and maybe even Dufour/Maggio before calling Engvall back up. Pierre is a known entity at this point and hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire down in Bridgeport.
Agree. Cap accrual is important unless all those options blow it, I'd use LTIR as a last resort.
I'd imagine Engvall is only brought back up if Wahlstrom is put on waivers.

Reactions: Lek

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

I'd like to see Tsyplakov up there. I really don't understand why Duclair is the guy headed to the net when he's least effective there. When the Islanders had the Canadiens hemmed in on that long shift, no one was going to the net. They were all playing outside the circles. It was nauseating.

Tsyp - Horvat - Barzal
Holmstrom - Nelson - Palms
Lee - Pageau - Cizikas
random call up - Maclean - Josh Bailey ( i kid)

If Tysp doesn't work there, give Holmstrom a shot.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

I’ve seen enough of Wahlstrom. He is dumb as a box of rocks, can’t skate, and takes so many stupid penalties. The last thing I want is that guy getting more ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad