Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Engvall also has a 16 team NTC. Depending on how motivated he is to fly on planes instead of ride on buses, he may need to waive that.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
he’s currently making about 4x league minimum with 6 years of security. Who in their right mind gives that up? He’s a former seventh round pick that basically hit the lottery. What’s to say he’s guaranteed a spot long-term on another NHL club? He’d have to be a complete moron to throw all of that money away
I agree! Still. it doesn't always work out that way. We don't know all there is to know about people. (For all we know he's independently wealthy, or has a spouse who is a brain surgeon & he wants to be a stay at home Dad - a valid choice). But I think all of that looks too far into the future.

For this year,. Engvall has a chance to learn to do the things he's going to have to do in order to make back to the Islanders. And, for me, it doesn't necessarily have to do with physical play. Rather, he's going to have to become an excellent defender. He's got to get better at taking routes for shooters, his stick in passing lane, and blocking shots without turning away. He's got to be a contributor on the PK. If he can do those things, he'll be back. If he can't, he will have to settle at Bridgeport, or seek the healing beaches at Isle du Robidas.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Egg, meet face. I was completely wrong, y'all were right. :dunce:

I'm shocked that Lou made this move considering the trade and money that was involved with Engvall.

I'm also shocked that 28 year old with 300+ NHL games who averages around 30 points per season played himself out of a roster spot. And not like this roster is the 2001-02 Red Wings either...

Reactions: MJF

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Egg, meet face. I was completely wrong, y'all were right. :dunce:

I'm shocked that Lou made this move considering the trade and money that was involved with Engvall.

I'm also shocked that 28 year old with 300+ NHL games who averages around 30 points per season played himself out of a roster spot. And not like this roster is the 2001-02 Red Wings either...

Here to post the same. I was surprised, but pleasantly so by the move. I'm glad the roster consists of players the coaching staff fee have earned their stay.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad