Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It’s on Lou for keeping himon the roster last year when he was clearly over his head. Bolduc easily cost us 4-6 points last season. He should have been waived at end of last years training camp
After all that then why would you be worried about Bolduc being claimed this year?

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
After all that then why would you be worried about Bolduc being claimed this year
It would be nice to have some depth in the AHL but if we lose him we can find someone else as depth. He needed ice time last year and that needed to be in the AHL.

Dobson probably cost the Isles more points and same with Sorokin by that logic.

Every player costs a team points here and there but they also make up for it by helping them gain points. Blaming Dobson is an interesting take considering he carried the defense for 2 months last season. Sorokin was not good but was probably close to a lower tier starting goalie.

Bolduc was flat out horrible

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
"Lou says Tsyplakov beat out Engvall for top six role and #Isles didn’t think Engvall would be effective on fourth line. Lou say’s Wahlstrom - who can bring physicality too - a better complement to MacLean and Cizikas."

To me, this is pretty good to also hear. Wahlstrom becoming more physical is something the Islanders are going to need, especially in a post CC/Martin world.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Foudy had a better camp and you could have made the argument that he should have made the team over Wahlstrom, but the organization is clearly ready to give Wahlstrom one last shot and he is probably the most likely to be claimed on waivers so I get it.

With that said (assuming they all clear), there is going to be a serious battle between Engvall/Fasching/Foudy/Karlstrom for the first call up.

I can't imagine Engvall (and his wife LOL) are going to be happy about going from Long Island to Bridgeport. I do wonder if his agent quietly will press Lou to look for a trade partner.

Ultimately, I think this camp showed the Islanders did a much better job at bringing in organizational depth than in the past.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Usually, the ‘safe’ player is the guy like Fasching as we get deeper into the season.

Gauthier may start the season as Roy goes all in on speed, but unless Gauthier changes his game to play defense and do things away from the puck, he’ll be back in the press box or AHL and Fasching will take his spot.
Gauthier won a spot last year too, he’s a preseason champ. But it’s up to him to sustain it

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Patty Roy baby. Accountability. Lou f***ed up big giving that contract. Hopefully a team wants to bail us out but I don’t see it happening. Just glad they bit the bullet and made the right decision. I said it since last year. Engvall can’t play for Roy. He doesn’t have it in him.
I’m sure they shopped him before waiving him so they should have an idea of interest. Hopefully there is a team that will take him or else a bit of situation brewing. I mean they knew what he was when they signed him for 7 years…

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
We’ll see what happens with Cholowski but to me he’s just another tweener defenseman who will fade away.

I personally still believe in Bolduc hence why I wanted him on the team. I guess we’ll see if all the fears of him being claimed come true

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
All through camp, Roy didn’t say anything glowing about Engvall. Writing was on the wall. I have zero issues with waiving Engvall and using the $$ to keep Wahlstrom

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Engvall’s contract ain’t a make it or break it scenario for the team. Most teams have junk on the books too. It’s part of the business.

We’ll see what happens with Cholowski but to me he’s just another tweener defenseman who will fade away.

I personally still believe in Bolduc hence why I wanted him on the team. I guess we’ll see if all the fears of him being claimed come true
There’s nothing wrong with competition in the bottom spots.

Bolduc needs ice time. He’s not going to get it right now in the NHL.

Let’s see what the roster is come December.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad