Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Why would the team waive an average player making league average?

As a 4th-liner, he is making more than league average for the slot. Personally, I like Foudy filling that role at this point.

Don't get me wrong, Engvall brings some solid things to the table, but Tsyp and Holmstrom are making him expendable since the top 3 lines are more set now.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Personally would rather have #16 over Engvall What do I know?

Pat LaFontaine?

Engvall is a good at getting the transition game going. He also seems to excel when he plays a complementary role on a line with at a physical winger on the other side. Gauthier seems a little lacking the IQ department.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
As a 4th-liner, he is making more than league average for the slot. Personally, I like Foudy filling that role at this point.

Don't get me wrong, Engvall brings some solid things to the table, but Tsyp and Holmstrom are making him expendable since the top 3 lines are more set now.
Foudy, Gauthier, Holmstrom, and Tsyplakov have a combined 407 NHL regular season games played while Engvall alone has 318.

I would be surprised if they traded or waived Engvall. He may not get the first crack in the lineup, but over the course of an 82 game season, I have concerns about the guys I mentioned above being effective over the course of the season.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
OK - looking a bit deeper I do wonder if Lou could move Engvall to Columbus- still unlikely- Waddell is looking for a trade to bolster the roster-

Hell, Lou could move both Engvall and Wahlstrom
I would do that. Gives Wally a shot somewhere else and gets us out of the Engvall contract

The best thing about Roy is the best players and most affective players will play. Engvall can’t play for him. Engvall does not play the style of game that Roy is ok with. I love that about Roy.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Foudy, Gauthier, Holmstrom, and Tsyplakov have a combined 407 NHL regular season games played while Engvall alone has 318.

I would be surprised if they traded or waived Engvall. He may not get the first crack in the lineup, but over the course of an 82 game season, I have concerns about the guys I mentioned above being effective over the course of the season.
Known vs. Unknown

Reactions: Throttle

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Possible very possible...

And to go a step further - does Waddell and the Blue Jackets claim him?
He is on record saying he wants to add - possibly via trade or waiver wire.
They need NHL forwards - 11 with Danforth now on IR and their 11th F is Owen Sillinger a career AHLer.

But 5 more seasons after this one?

It's intriguing to me.

Nobody is picking him up given the length of the deal. Maybe if he had like 1-2 years left at his caphit you might find somebody interested

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad