Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI

Feb 16, 2013
How about a Peyton Krebs for Oliver Wahlstrom swap? Krebs then signs a similar deal that Holmstrom signed, a one way deal for .825k.

Both players get a change of scenery.

Very interesting player, who is defensively very good and has great skill, could be the future 3C or they could shift him to wing and see what he can do in a top 6 role.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
How about a Peyton Krebs for Oliver Wahlstrom swap? Krebs then signs a similar deal that Holmstrom signed, a one way deal for .825k.

Both players get a change of scenery.

Very interesting player, who is defensively very good and has great skill, could be the future 3C or they could shift him to wing and see what he can do in a top 6 role.
I think most of us would swap Wahlstrom for almost anyone. No idea if Buffalo feels the same about Krebs though. @sabremike ?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I think that if we can just get Ilya to even be a .915 goalie, we are fine

also I think that Tsy/Holmstrom/Engvall all get about 36-45 points, which is very good

Karlstrom will end up being an AHL replacement who dazzles like Fasching, and maybe we do see more of Dufour and Maggio.

If THIS happens without it taking place because our whole first line is basically out for the season, then we'll likely be top 4 in the conference.

That would be some amazing depth scoring.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Absolutely not. I think Krebs could end up a useful NHL player while Whalstrom is likely never amounting to anything (Think MDC V 2.0).
Yeah, kinda figured that would be the sentiment.

If THIS happens without it taking place because our whole first line is basically out for the season, then we'll likely be top 4 in the conference.

That would be some amazing depth scoring.
Seemed like pretty lofty wishful thinking numbers to me as well!

Reactions: sabremike

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I thought I wrote that, but I guess not. I meant to type "can cut and paste the same thing every year for every team." Anyway, yeah obviously.
Not obvious, I think it gets lost on here a lot. Not even just here, just in general in hockey circles. When comparing a lot of teams it’s a lot of the same issues.

Friedge on 32 thoughts says that Sorokin is battling something.
His agent and the organization won't comment on it. Definitely concerning.
This is concerning.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Yea listened to that as well, concerning for sure. I know he abruptly cancelled his appearance at the Fanatics Fest in NYC not too long ago, wonder if this is physical or mental. Hoping the best for Ilya.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yea listened to that as well, concerning for sure. I know he abruptly cancelled his appearance at the Fanatics Fest in NYC not too long ago, wonder if this is physical or mental. Hoping the best for Ilya.

Would also assume its been going on since last year which probably explains that poor season he had

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sorokin is the biggest key to this teams success in the playoffs. Have to make it there obviously but hope he’s ok. This is concerning.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
So this would not be a good time to start a "predict our record this year" thread?

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
On 12/16/23 I had posted:

"Gotta wonder if Ilya is dealing with something off the ice. He’s the best goalie the Isles have ever had and there’s definitely something just…off.

I just hope all is well with him and his family, girlfriend/wife, house, etc."

Something just didn't seem quite right. Again, I just hope he's okay.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Grrrrrrreat. Season is in the tubes already.
It’s concerning as we are all hoping for a bounce back season. However if the isles haven’t looked at options in nets then they aren’t doing their jobs. Very real possibility Sorokin shows up in the same form as last year. And Varly is 36…

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I.E he was hurt last year and is still recovering, or he's still just hoping he's fixing himself before camp.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
It’s concerning as we are all hoping for a bounce back season. However if the isles haven’t looked at options in nets then they aren’t doing their jobs. Very real possibility Sorokin shows up in the same form as last year. And Varly is 36…
FWIW this was one of the more active goalie offseasons, with us drafting 2 and also grabbing Hogberg. None of that exactly screams world on fire... we needed to replace Schneider and Varly is only here for 3 more years tops, so having someone ready in house would be optimal. It did strike me as odd at the time that we used 2 picks on goalies though.

Reactions: duster19

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Well if Sorokin is out for half a season that fixes any cap issues we have. lol

Reactions: mm11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad