Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Is it not so that new no trade lists are submitted on July 1st? JGP, Palmieri and Nelson all have modified NTCs where they submit their lists of undesirable locations. Could be interesting to know if they have made any changes to where they not like to go.

Not that I think Palms og Nelson will be traded, but for JGP he probably knows they'd like to get his cap hit off the books and may take a different approach to his list.

Looking at the Isles contracts, 2025 is actually a huge year in terms of turning the franchise around. Nelson and Palmieri are UFAs and could be traded for a big haul, Pelech and Varlamov are no longer on full NTCs and JGP enters the final year of his deal, making him considerably easier to move. Lee also enters his final year then. If nothing more happens this offseason, one really has to think, next year is crucial.

Last edited:
Reactions: bstash19

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Remaining UFA forwards of possible interest:
- Roslovic
- Sprong
- Kubalik
- Barabranov
- Gurianov
- Labanc

Remaining UFA defensemen of possible depth interest:
- Brannstrom
- Kylington
- PO Joseph
- Boqvist
- Addison
- Norlinder
- Zboril
- S. Johansson

I went to bed last night thinking Skinner and Henrique may still be on the radar.

They were, but it was for another blue-n-orange outfit.

Looks like it's trade route time.

Could this all be doable?

- Holmstrom, Bolduc, and 2025 1st (lottery protected) for Pinto
- Wahlstrom, George, and Gauthier to Toronto for Robertson and Niemela
- Pageau to Anaheim for F Pastujov and D Helleson

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
- Roslovic
- Sprong
- Kubalik
- Barabranov
- Gurianov
- Labanc

- Brannstrom
- Kylington
- PO Joseph
- Boqvist
- Addison
- Norlinder
- Zboril
- S. Johansson

I went to bed last night thinking Skinner and Henrique may still be on the radar.

A lot of cap room there. What do you attach?

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
I'm hoping for us to sign Roslovic and Brännström, both would be great for our depth. Don't ask me how they would fit within our cap lol.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
- Roslovic
- Sprong
- Kubalik
- Barabranov
- Gurianov
- Labanc

- Brannstrom
- Kylington
- PO Joseph
- Boqvist
- Addison
- Norlinder
- Zboril
- S. Johansson

No interest in Alex Nylander?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Is this stupid
- Roslovic
- Sprong
- Kubalik
- Barabranov
- Gurianov
- Labanc

- Brannstrom
- Kylington
- PO Joseph
- Boqvist
- Addison
- Norlinder
- Zboril
- S. Johansson

What do we think about Cizikas + Engvall to Anaheim instead of Pageau?

Surely HC Greg Cronin is familiar with Cizikas and he would be a welcomed addition to that club. With the signing of Duclair, I’m not so sure I see much of a fit for Engvall anymore, plus I’m in the boat that you can trade for a Nick Robertson or sign an Alex Nylander type and get similar production for a fraction of the cost.

Barzal-Horvat-Duclair
Nelson-Pinto-Palmieri
Robertson/Nylander-Pageau-Tysplakov
X-MacLean-Fasching

Reactions: MJF

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Is this stupid

Surely HC Greg Cronin is familiar with Cizikas and he would be a welcomed addition to that club. With the signing of Duclair, I’m not so sure I see much of a fit for Engvall anymore, plus I’m in the boat that you can trade for a Nick Robertson or sign an Alex Nylander type and get similar production for a fraction of the cost.

Barzal-Horvat-Duclair
Nelson-Pinto-Palmieri
X-MacLean-Fasching

Sure, I could live with that easily.

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
Is this stupid

Barzal-Horvat-Duclair
Nelson-Pinto-Palmieri
X-MacLean-Fasching
I guess you traded Lee and Holmstrom to somewhere?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I actually thing Lou is done unless something extraordinary happens. There'll be a bunch of AHL signings of course, but as far as the starting roster goes it is done. Maybe some guy falls through the cracks and remains unsigned throughout the summer or a real trade opportunity arises out of nowhere, but with no cap space available there is little to be done.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I actually thing Lou is done unless something extraordinary happens. There'll be a bunch of AHL signings of course, but as far as the starting roster goes it is done. Maybe some guy falls through the cracks and remains unsigned throughout the summer or a real trade opportunity arises out of nowhere, but with no cap space available there is little to be done.
I agree. I would like a Mcgroarty trade but doubt we see it.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
At this point I would be fine with just standing pat, maybe sign a couple of younger skilled guys that haven’t broken out. See how the season goes, evaluate around the trade deadline. If we are out of it we can get another 1st+ for Nelson, Palms can be moved and open up a lot of cap space with a couple of extra draft picks to start overhauling the roster. Or if we are right in it you can make a move to upgrade the roster and hopefully some more players are available.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
- Roslovic
- Sprong
- Kubalik
- Barabranov
- Gurianov
- Labanc

- Brannstrom
- Kylington
- PO Joseph
- Boqvist
- Addison
- Norlinder
- Zboril
- S. Johansson

At this point I’d rather give wingers from our organization a chance to make the team out kf camp. Its not sexy or impactful but it is low cost, low risk. Other than Sprong and Roslovic, the guys you listed are the type you bring into camp on PTOs. We certainly don’t need to sign them now.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The "dumber things have happened before" rationalization.
Anaheim needs veterans for their kiddie corps. They get flexibility and a two way player. They get a former first rounder they may be able to get some life out of. Then, next season when they are out of it (again), they can flip JGP for another draft assets at the deadline.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
At this point I’d rather give wingers from our organization a chance to make the team out kf camp. Its not sexy or impactful but it is low cost, low risk. Other than Sprong and Roslovic, the guys you listed are the type you bring into camp on PTOs. We certainly don’t need to sign them now.

Yep, I keep swirling around the names Labanc and Norlinder as camp invitees.

Maybe the fact that Labanc is a Staten Island guy has me thinking he'd just like to try being closer to home at this stage.

But then he could just go to the Rangers' camp...

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Anaheim needs veterans for their kiddie corps. They get flexibility and a two way player. They get a former first rounder they may be able to get some life out of. Then, next season when they are out of it (again), they can flip JGP for another draft assets at the deadline.
Stop you’re embarrassing yourself.

They are NOT trading a 21 year old C still on his ELC with back to back 40 point seasons after selecting him 3rd overall and developing him the last couple of years for Pageau, magic beans, and Wahlstrom who doesn’t have much value.

• Love
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

They are NOT trading a 21 year old C still on his ELC with back to back 40 point seasons after selecting him 3rd overall and developing him the last couple of years for Pageau, magic beans, and Wahlstrom who doesn’t have much value.
Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

I must have blocked the person you are responding to, so I don't know who you are referring to . . . but what if we include the beanstalk, Jack, 20 Massage Envy coupons and a 2nd? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad