Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Jeff Skinner
Vlad Tarasenko
Adam Henrique
Ryan Suter
JVR
Daniel Sprong
Cam Atkinson
Jack Roslovic
Kyle Okposo
Tyler Johnson
Tomas Tatar
Mattias Janmark
Justin Schultz
TJ Brodie
Kevin Shattenkirk
Nate Schmidt
Tyson Barrie
He’s all but officially announced retirement…

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Skinner 1 year 3 million?
I ‘d prefer that over our Duclair deal by far
Unless Roy really wanted him?
The main issue with a Skinner deal for us is that if he has a great year, he’s probably looking at something like a five year extension with a $6 million AAV which we can’t afford, and he’ll also be 33. He’s better than Duclair for sure, but a four year deal for Duclair at least fills a spot for us for the foreseeable future. All Duclair has to do is average like 25/25 for us and the deal will be solid for a top six winger, and that’s very doable. I have a feeling we may see at least one 30 goal season from him too which will make it even better.

Reactions: WangMustGo

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
The main issue with a Skinner deal for us is that if he has a great year, he’s probably looking at something like a five year extension with a $6 million AAV which we can’t afford, and he’ll also be 33. He’s better than Duclair for sure, but a four year deal for Duclair at least fills a spot for us for the foreseeable future. All Duclair has to do is average like 25/25 for us and the deal will be solid for a top six winger, and that’s very doable. I have a feeling we may see at least one 30 goal season from him too which will make it even better.
For our teams timeline?
I would easily have given Skinner more money in a one year deal than commit to Duclair for 4 years
Skinner is a superior player, for what they both bring
The poster who brought up Skinner not playing in the playoffs? True
The sample size for Duclair in the playoffs?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
For our teams timeline?
I would easily have given Skinner more money in a one year deal than commit to Duclair for 4 years
Skinner isn’t playing for money right now. He chose a Stanley Cup finalist and maybe a chance to play next to the greatest player on the planet.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Skinner isn’t playing for money right now. He chose a Stanley Cup finalist and maybe a chance to play next to the greatest player on the planet.
Definitely. The idea that he'd take a different offer for a bit more money or term is silly. He's already made about $77M in his career and is getting about $2.5M per year for the next SIX years from BUF. So he signs for $3M with EDM for a total of $5.5M next year and a chance to play with McDavid/Draisaitl and maybe win a Cup. And if he puts up 70-80 points playing with those guys, some team will sign him for $5-6M the next offseason.

Last edited:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It’s a been strong offseason thus far, but business should NOT be done. We have experienced a pretty normal offseason - Carolina and Rangers still tops of the Metro and the Devils got way better - they did everything they needed to do (got 2 vet d men and added a #1 goalie) and the Pens and Caps retooled before the sun sets on Crosby and Ovie.

Duclair is a good pick up but not the 1st liner we were all hoping for.

I hope for A Pinto deal, an Ehlers deal something more.

My concern is this is it.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
For our teams timeline?
has scored at a 0.41 point per game clip in the playoffs which isn’t completely far off from his 0.54 points per game he averages in his career during the regular season. It’s not great and it does need to be better, but he doesn’t completely disappear. It’s also worth pointing out that he put up 11 points in 20 games for Florida a year ago while playing third line minutes, so I’d weigh that extended sample of games over over the other three times where he played one or two series.

I definitely understand your reasoning, Skinner definitely is better and his deal would be less commitment. But if we brought him in, we’d end up in the same situation this time next year where we’re looking for a top six winger while also having to decide whether or not we want to extend or replace other top six guys like Nelson or Palmieri. That’s a lot to ask for in one offseason, especially when we don’t even know who exactly will be available on July 1st next year. I’d rather grab a guy who fills a need and brings two skills that we desperately need when we can than sign someone who is a stopgap and then have to find another replacement a year from now.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
For our teams timeline?
Most likely Isles were not a destination for him.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
It’s a been strong offseason thus far, but business should NOT be done. We have experienced a pretty normal offseason - Carolina and Rangers still tops of the Metro and the Devils got way better - they did everything they needed to do (got 2 vet d men and added a #1 goalie) and the Pens and Caps retooled before the sun sets on Crosby and Ovie.

Duclair is a good pick up but not the 1st liner we were all hoping for.

I hope for A Pinto deal, an Ehlers deal something more.

My concern is this is it.
I think Carolina took a little beating today.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Anaheim should be a target to dump some salary. They are under the floor, signed no one. Clearly they are anticipating trading for some bigger hits with sweeteners.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Anaheim should be a target to dump some salary. They are under the floor, signed no one. Clearly they are anticipating trading for some bigger hits with sweeteners.
Edmonton needs to move someone after signing Skinner Henrique and Arvidsson - basically adding an entire top 6 for 10m

They are over the cap and They have Holloway and Broberg to sign

They will need to dump a contract - Evander Kane?

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Edmonton needs to move someone after signing Skinner Henrique and Arvidsson - basically adding an entire top 6 for 10m

They are over the cap and They have Holloway and Broberg to sign

They will need to dump a contract - Evander Kane?
If he'll waive for Anaheim, sure. But we should take advantage of them being below the floor before Edmonton does :laugh:

Reactions: SI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If he'll waive for Anaheim, sure. But we should take advantage of them being below the floor before Edmonton does :laugh:
I agree - it is not Lou’s style but waiving him - Anaheim could clearly scoop him up. They could use him -
Gauthier - Carlsson - Killorn
Zegras - Mactavish - Terry
Vatrano - Pageau - Strome
Strong top 9

Anaheim does not have 2025 2nd - do the Isles attach a 2025 2nd to JGP for 5m in space and then what ? Send the 1st for Ehlers ? Pinto? Or do they Sign Tarasenko?

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
I agree - it is not Lou’s style but waiving him - Anaheim could clearly scoop him up. They could use him -
Gauthier - Carlsson - Killorn
Zegras - Mactavish - Terry
Vatrano - Pageau - Strome
Strong top 9

Anaheim does not have 2025 2nd - do the Isles attach a 2025 2nd to JGP for 5m in space and then what ? Send the 1st for Ehlers ? Pinto? Or do they Sign Tarasenko?
I'm not convinced Zegras starts next season with them, but otherwise yes Pageau would be an upgrade on Lundenstrom in the 3rd line center spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad