Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Duclair's AAV on his most recent contract was $3M, and he made $4M last season, FWIW.

Fun fact: Duclair is a month or so younger than Hudson Fasching.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I believe Smith is on an expiring deal, but that’s tangible value from a middle six player. Why can’t Pageau garner a return if Reilly Smith does?
The one year can make a lot of difference value wise. Didn't Smith always use to score against the Isles?

I believe Smith is on an expiring deal, but that’s tangible value from a middle six player. Why can’t Pageau garner a return if Reilly Smith does?
The one year can make a lot of difference value wise. Didn't Smith always use to score against the Isles?

Reactions: SI

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Excellent deal for Reilly and if it is under 4 for Duclair it is also a nice deal.

Getting into the Pinto/McGroarty discussions would be icing on the cake for Lou

Reactions: MarsTBOW

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
$3.5 AAV for Duke is a slam dunk!!! Patrick Roy affect.

WOW. I was expecting $4-4.5 especially in this market.

Absolutely no one should have a problem with this signing.

He can score 15-30 goals. Gets hot and goes on tears. And he’s skilled enough to play with Horvat and Barzal

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
I'd imagine a trade is in the works to move a contract. If Pinto was actually asking Ottawa for a 5AAV deal, we can't fit that with Pageau alone as an offset.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I wonder if the increase in young guys on long term contracts has jammed up the front side for youngish players so the league can take on more oldies.
Yeah, the long term deal ending when a player is in their late 30s seems to be the flavor of the day.

37 is the new 33.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'd really like Pinto, but I see that OTT seems to need LHD now. Bolduc is the no-brainer component. But, a little concerned about my boy Romanov going the other way.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Here are things I'd like to see rest -
  1. A top 6 F signed via free agency - i.e., Skinner, Arvidsson Signed Duclair 4/3.5
  2. Wahlstrom traded for a 2025 pick or comparable prospect - i.e., Berggren, Kaliyev, Heinola
  3. A top 9 F signed via free agency on a bargain deal, like < 1m - i.e., Atkinson, Beauvillier
  4. Sign a young PMD on a 1-year deal - i.e., Brannstrom, Bean - Signed REILLY 1/1.25
  5. TWO solid AHL C to help in Bridgeport - Gawdin and Blandisi
2023 - 2024 lineups vs. 2024 - 2025 projected lineups
  • Lee - Horvat - Barzal vs. Barzal - Horvat - Duclair
  • Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri vs. Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
  • Holmstrom - Pageau - Wahlstrom/Gauthier/Fasching vs. Lee - Pageau - Holmstrom
  • Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck vs. Maclean - Cizikas - Tsyplakov/Fasching
  • Romanov - Dobson vs. Romanov - Dobson
  • Pelech - Pulock vs. Pelech - Pulock
  • Aho/Bolduc - Mayfield vs. Reilly/Bolduc - Mayfield
  • Sorokin and Varlamov vs. Sorokin and Varlamov

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I wonder if Lou will try and dump Engvall, he seems redundant with Duclair and Holmstrom (assuming he is not traded) in the mix.

Reactions: Potvottier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad