Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The one thing I'll say about DuClair is watching him go through the handshake line after TB/FLA. It was clear those FLA guys loved him, so maybe he's a very good guy to have around

Reactions: islesfan3913

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Chandler Stevenson signs with SEA for 7 x $6.25M (contract ends at 37). So basically in Brock Nelson territory. Wow.

Reactions: Throttle

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Stamkos

Stamkos got half his points and goals on the PP, playing probably with Kucherov, Point and Hedman. That doesn't help?
Of course it does, it doesnt change the logic any though.

Neither deal is very good considering their respective ages, but Nelson's would be worse for us for the mere fact we need so much more (and youth) in our top 6 than extending someone who will be entering his 34-age season.

I haven't analyzed Nashville's lot of wings- but I doubt they are as depressingly baron of talent that ours is, and like I said earlier, there is no sure-fire bet Brock will remain at center. He only seems to be getting worse with his faceoffs and isn't a very strong defender.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
How odd a day is this for Lomberg and Montour? Just like that you're gone from a team you just won the cup with

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I hope a lot of you now see that a lot of our contracts are not nearly as bad as many of you claim they are. The money being spent on Middle-Six and like Skjei are not going to age well at all. Throw in the nice draft and we're looking much better over the next few years.

Reactions: Potvottier

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
How odd a day is this for Lomberg and Montour? Just like that you're gone from a team you just won the cup with
Montour’s swimming in 50 million dollars, I doubt he cares where he’s playing next season.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If all the smoke is right, then my assumption would be that Nelson remains at C as well as Pinto...
Isles roll
Barzal - Horvat - Tsyplakov
Lee - Pinto - Duclair
Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
Maclean/Fasching - Cizikas - Holmstrom

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If all the smoke is right, then my assumption would be that Nelson remains at C as well as Pinto...
Isles roll
Barzal - Horvat - Tsyplakov
Lee - Pinto - Duclair
Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
Maclean/Fasching - Cizikas - Holmstrom
Tsyp projects as more of a 4th liner I think, Holmstrom can be a third liner with a center like Nelson, Palms is their best RW in your scenario.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I hope a lot of you now see that a lot of our contracts are not nearly as bad as many of you claim they are. The money being spent on Middle-Six and like Skjei are not going to age well at all. Throw in the nice draft and we're looking much better over the next few years.

I think it is fair to say that regardless of our contracts the roster as built now will not be anything special and potentially miss the playoffs.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
ALSO remove this if against the rules, but can you link this unverified/unknown/unreliable source?
FWIW I'm not sure I buy him as a source but I'm extremely skeptical in general of anyone claiming inside information with this team. Lou's notorious about not letting info get out and we can't get anything from the few guys who actually do reporting for the team but somehow we have a handful of randos who post eyeball emojis while Isles fans are heated for news.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
I’ve been wanting Duclair for a while now so, depending on the price, I’d love bringing him in. Can easily play top six minutes and I wouldn’t be surprised if he finds a home on Horvat and Barzal’s left wing. Getting him and swapping JGP out for Pinto would be a solid change.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad