Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I will be cheering for change in marners attitude for sure. If he figures it out I will be cheering for him.

But ultimately I am a fan of the Toronto maple leafs and want team success over everything.
Not sure what his attitude has to do with anything. He shows up every night and produces at both ends, underperforms in the playoffs like the rest of them.
We're all fans of the team and want success.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Not sure what his attitude has to do with anything. He shows up every night and produces at both ends, underperforms in the playoffs like the rest of them.
We're all fans of the team and want success.
I’m a blue collar guy. Marners attitude in the media is tiresome. He’s never the problem. “We had the looks”, “unlucky”, “the bounces didn’t go our way”. It’s annoying to listen too and not relatable for people who never get “bounces” in life.

This guys has never appeared to get uncomfortable for team success. Never take a hit to make a play. Nothing. I can remember his blocked shot years ago against Washington(?) In the playoffs. That’s the last time he put the team before himself.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I’m a blue collar guy. Marners attitude in the media is tiresome. He’s never the problem. “We had the looks”, “unlucky”, “the bounces didn’t go our way”. It’s annoying to listen too and not relatable for people who never get “bounces” in life.

This guys has never appeared to get uncomfortable for team success. Never take a hit to make a play. Nothing. I can remember his blocked shot years ago against Washington(?) In the playoffs. That’s the last time he put the team before himself.
He's terrible in front of the mic, don't listen to it. All that should matter is the play on the ice.

I get they shying away from contact, he's never going to be that guy. Nylander may be worse for that which is even more disappointing for a player of his size.

Reactions: Cams

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
For those spending money on tickets:
You want to get your point across go to the game and waive the sign:
1720029783457.jpeg

Don’t boo Marner, shame Shanny, Tre and Pelley.

Reactions: rumman

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Of course not. The only way Mitch is getting booed is if the whole team is playing like shit and they’re collectively booed.

The only other way I could see him getting booed is if it comes out that he nixed a trade and states that he has no intention to negotiate during the season.

But even then, I don’t think it would be a every game thing.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
He's terrible in front of the mic, don't listen to it. All that should matter is the play on the ice.

I get they shying away from contact, he's never going to be that guy. Nylander may be worse for that which is even more disappointing for a player of his size.
The media stuff is the tip of the iceberg for me. I am a diehard and I will always watch interviews. This is more than his “on mic” issues.

This is going to ruffle some of marners fans feathers here but here we go: *tinfoil hat warning* I feel he wears an “A” because he demanded it in his contract as Matthews had one. He is not a leader and shouldn’t be anywhere near a letter. I believe this is why ROR left. Marner is not a leader but is entitled enough to speak his mind in the room. Championship winners have left this team.

Back to reality, Nylander actually threw some hits this playoff, and while he will never be the first one in the scrum, he’s never actively avoided going for pucks out of fear, and we saw Marner take this route a few times in April. I don’t really care about game 54 in the reg season, when it matters Marner is just not that guy.

What move is he accepting?
Read what I said Al. I said if. If he’s told he’s not in the plans moving forward.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The media stuff is the tip of the iceberg for me. I am a diehard and I will always watch interviews. This is more than his “on mic” issues.

This is going to ruffle some of marners fans feathers here but here we go: *tinfoil hat warning* I feel he wears an “A” because he demanded it in his contract as Matthews had one. He is not a leader and shouldn’t be anywhere near a letter. I believe this is why ROR left. Marner is not a leader but is entitled enough to speak his mind in the room. Championship winners have left this team.

Back to reality, Nylander actually threw some hits this playoff, and while he will never be the first one in the scrum, he’s never actively avoided going for pucks out of fear, and we saw Marner take this route a few times in April. I don’t really care about game 54 in the reg season, when it matters Marner is just not that guy.

Read what I said Al. I said if. If he’s told he’s not in the plans moving forward.
You created a thread about booing one our our own players based on the hypothetical?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
He won't get booed. People are forgetting it's a contract year and the girls love their money.
Career highs and no booing this season.

Reactions: Bust

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

I think it goes a bit deeper than just being bad in front of the mic. The attacks on the media and fanbase blaming them for putting shambles in their brain is unnecessary and just more excuse making.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard him or Matthews say I need to be better, or that my level of play is unacceptable or something along those lines.

It’s always we had looks, we were right there, blah blah, followed by some random unprovoked rant about the media/fans.

I think he is just immature

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I think it goes a bit deeper than just being bad in front of the mic. The attacks on the media and fanbase blaming them for putting shambles in their brain is unnecessary and just more excuse making.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard him or Matthews say I need to be better, or that my level of play is unacceptable or something along those lines.

It’s always we had looks, we were right there, blah blah, followed by some random unprovoked rant about the media/fans.
Based on some of the response here I was beginning to believe that I was the only one seeing this.

I’m glad I’m not alone in my observations on his attitude towards the media and fanbase.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
This fanbase is nowhere near as harsh and unforgiving as some people make us out to be. Don't equate large with brutal. New York, Philly, Boston, Montreal etc. are all much more nasty.

If Mitch starts the season on a heater the casuals and suits who can afford to attend the games will cheer him.

Reactions: Trapper and Bust

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
This fanbase is nowhere near as hash and unforgiving as some people make us out to be. Don't equate large with brutal. New York, Philly, Boston, Montreal etc. are all much more nasty.

If Mitch starts the season on a heater the casuals and suits who can afford to attend the games will cheer him.
The toughest people in the Toronto market are the player agents.

Fans get some heat on here for being “toxic”, like the players are reading our little posts on a fan message board LOL

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I don’t think so.. normal fans haven’t been trapped in the scapegoat echo chamber like some of the (very) vocal minority here.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I wouldnt boo him at all. Not his fault for the NMC...they gave it....he signed it.

Tre has given out NMC too....so do we boo those players too?

Show some class and cheer for your team and its players. Lets not be classless , we already embarressed ourselves over our all time points leader exit.

Lets try to be better.

Marner wants to be a leaf....cant hold a grudge over that. And if he drifts off to free agency and we get nothing in return, then blame management...they let the NMC kick in.

If Marner leaves , then I have a feeling fans will find another whipping boy. Nylander is a early favorite followed by Taveres this year.......Reilly still gets a pass but there is no excuses if Tanev plays beside him now.

Reactions: Cams and ACC1224

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This fanbase is nowhere near as harsh and unforgiving as some people make us out to be. Don't equate large with brutal. New York, Philly, Boston, Montreal etc. are all much more nasty.

The team also has to win and look good doing it. Hoping Berube is the one to get these guys working hard game in and game out like they did in regulation of games 5-7 vs Bruins. I'm trying to forget the effort in OT of game #7.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

This and the fact his camp has been openly hostile and playing the victim towards Leafs management right from the on-set, crying afoul because he didn’t get the same rookie ELC bonuses that Matthews got who was drafted 1st overall…

It’s a weird tactic between that and the media relations, and most definitely isn’t helping his game on-ice - rather it’s probably putting added pressure on him.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I wouldnt boo him at all. Not his fault for the NMC...they gave it....he signed it.

Tre has given out NMC too....so do we boo those players too?

Show some class and cheer for your team and its players. Lets not be classless , we already embarressed ourselves over our all time points leader exit.

Lets try to be better.

Marner wants to be a leaf....cant hold a grudge over that. And if he drifts off to free agency and we get nothing in return, then blame management...they let the NMC kick in.

If Marner leaves , then I have a feeling fans will find another whipping boy. Nylander is a early favorite followed by Taveres this year.......Reilly still gets a pass but there is no excuses if Tanev plays beside him now.
I don’t get responses like this.

We are fans. We’re allowed to be emotional and invested in this.

So you want a safe space for all the players, to demand every penny and not be accountable for their shortcomings?

No wonder Shanny doesn’t want changes..

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Definitely immature and dumb as a stump and cares too much. (which is weird that people hold that against him)
I don't care about that media stuff though, I mostly ignore it.

Matthews is similar, but always escapes the scrutiny.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
This and the fact his camp has been openly hostile and playing the victim towards Leafs management right from the on-set, crying afoul because he didn’t get the same rookie ELC bonuses that Matthews got who was drafted 1st overall…

It’s a weird tactic between that and the media relations, and most definitely isn’t helping his game on-ice - rather it’s probably putting added pressure on him.
This is a trend with Ferris. His clients are often walked to FA and holdout for every penny.

Reactions: Bomber0104

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Montreal traded Mike Cammalleri in the 2nd period of a game. The GM went on record saying if you want loyalty get a dog. If people think it’s harsh here, it’s mild compared to some.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I don’t get responses like this.

We are fans. We’re allowed to be emotional and invested in this.

So you want a safe space for all the players, to demand every penny and not be accountable for their shortcomings?

No wonder Shanny doesn’t want changes..
Yes they should all be accountable yet your fixated on one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad