Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Neither of them are good ideas really, but Stamkos just reached 80 points the last two seasons in his declining years for the 7th and 8th time in his career.

Nelson has never hit 80 and only has hit 70 once, so signing Brock to that deal would be worse...
It was really more about all the posts complaining in advance about the possibility of extending Brock because he's too old, and then there are posts bemoaning the fact that Trotz was able to sign a 34 year old guy to a 4 x $8M contract. Seems a touch contradictory.

But if we must compare, I think Nelson for $1M less per year and ending a year younger is a better deal than Stamkos. If we're strictly counting points, do we know who Stamkos' linemates were in TB? I'm thinking they might be better than Brock's. And all-around play?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
The Stam
It was really more about all the posts complaining in advance about the possibility of extending Brock because he's too old, and then there are posts bemoaning the fact that Trotz was able to sign a 34 year old guy to a 4 x $8M contract. Seems a touch contradictory.

But if we must compare, I think Nelson for $1M less per year and ending a year younger is a better deal than Stamkos. If we're strictly counting points, do we know who Stamkos' linemates were in TB? I'm thinking they might be better than Brock's. And all-around play?
The Stamkos deal is terrible as are most July 1st deals. This franchise could have been in a much better spot right now if Lou hadn’t lost his mind on this day a year ago.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Trying to make sense of everything that's happened but Florida and Carolina are definitely both worse off today than they were yesterday, right? Would say Boston got better, Washington got better but I'm not convinced they've gotten much more competitive. NJ looks better too.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Trying to make sense of everything that's happened but Florida and Carolina are definitely both worse off today than they were yesterday, right? Would say Boston got better, Washington got better but I'm not convinced they've gotten much more competitive. NJ looks better too.

I think your assessment is correct on paper.

Reactions: xECK29x

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Trying to make sense of everything that's happened but Florida and Carolina are definitely both worse off today than they were yesterday, right? Would say Boston got better, Washington got better but I'm not convinced they've gotten much more competitive. NJ looks better too
So far, net neutral to me. Carolina is going to realize the error of their management style pretty soon, is my guess.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018

That is EXACTLY why the Nelson deal would be worse (and why Stamkos' deal is better) because we dont have the wings, besides the obvious one has a much-better track record that is longer than just 3 years....

We have a 33-year old wing (34 mid-season) who reached 30 goals for the first time in 8 years (and the only two times he has done it- and it took playing all 82 to do so) and a center playing wing who isn't really known for his goal scoring. A couple of guys who we just soon not be in the top 6 (Lee and Engvall) and no sure fire prospects knocking on the door to join Brock on his line....

Hell, Nelson himself may have to be moved over to wing...

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
OTT signing wingers and running out a cap space and seem to need a C. Amadio seems redundant when they're supposedly trying to move Mathieu Joseph. JGP and a pick/prospect for Pinto and Joseph?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Remove if against the rules, but the same guy who broke Houda departure/Home opener against Utah is hinting that Lou is grinding out a Pinto trade.

OTT signing wingers and running out a cap space and seem to need a C. Amadio seems redundant when they're supposedly trying to move Mathieu Joseph. JGP and a pick/prospect for Pinto and Joseph?
Was trying to post this but the site keeps crashing. Amadio and Perron signed, now they need a 3C and a 1st…

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Stamkos
That is EXACTLY why the Nelson deal would be worse (and why Stamkos' deal is better) because we dont have the wings, besides the obvious one has a much-better track record that is longer than just 3 years....

We have a 33-year old wing (34 mid-season) who reached 30 goals for the first time in 8 years (and the only two times he has done it- and it took playing all 82 to do so) and a center playing wing who isn't really known for his goal scoring. A couple of guys who we just soon not be in the top 6 (Lee and Engvall) and no sure fire prospects knocking on the door to join Brock on his line....

Hell, Nelson himself may have to be moved over to wing...
Stamkos got half his points and goals on the PP, playing probably with Kucherov, Point and Hedman. That doesn't help?

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Remove if against the rules, but the same guy who broke Houda departure/Home opener against Utah is hinting that Lou is grinding out a Pinto trade.

Was trying to post this but the site keeps crashing. Amadio and Perron signed, now they need a 3C and a 1st…
ALSO remove this if against the rules, but can you link this unverified/unknown/unreliable source?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'd assume that if we do not see someone sign Martin or Clutterbuck soon we know what that means

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
OEL chasing money, but going back to a Canadian market doesn’t seem like a smart move for him, let alone a team that annually sucks on defense and disappoints

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad