Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
WTF Chychrun to the Capitals for peanuts

I see lots of Islanders fans praising Trotz today, I'm not so sure these deals are going to work out. I'd be curious to check out their cap situation/roster construction once the day is over.
Might be sexy next year but after that yikes.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Washington just got 2 top 4 defensman in the matter of minutes. They need a goalie still imo
Chychrun did not look good at all last year, and I really don't see the point unless John Carlson is cooked. I really don't see a lot of rhyme or reason to their moves. Apart from Tom Wilson, they strike me as ... not difficult to play against.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Washington just got 2 top 4 defensman in the matter of minutes. They need a goalie still imo
Chychrun is overrated.

Boston signs Lindholm, could be one of the Pinto destinations out of the running.

OTT needs to surrender their 1st in ‘25/26, NYI just stocked the cupbroad last week in Vegas, ‘25 or 26’ 1st + Pageau for Pinto could be the base of a deal here.

Nelson moves to wing, top six is the following.

Nelson-Horvat-Barzal
Lee-Pinto-Palmieri

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
Chychrun is overrated.

Boston signs Lindholm, could be one of the Pinto destinations out of the running.

OTT needs to surrender their 1st in ‘25/26, NYI just stocked the cupbroad last week in Vegas, ‘25 or 26’ 1st + Pageau for Pinto could be the base of a deal here.

Nelson moves to wing, top six is the following.

Nelson-Horvat-Barzal
Lee-Pinto-Palmieri
Chychrun is overrated yes but not getting a 1st is terrible

Pageau + Bolduc and a 1st for Pinto and knowing Staois incompetence gets it done

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
DeBrusk, Drouin, Skinner, Henrique, Tarasenko, Stephenson, Sprong, Noesen, Amadio, Duclair all notable forwards still out there.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Lou may have made a signing or two already, but he is the only one that has the 16-digit code to open that underground safe that holds those contract(s)

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
Has Lou ever signed anyone in free agency while GM for the Isles? Seems it's always a resign after a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad