Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This Free agency is officially drunk lol

The DeBrusk deal is really good imo. Between his age, player he is, and the AAV that’s one of my favorite deals.

How come teams aren’t in an arms race to sign Defenseman Sebastian Aho? Lol

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Teams are willing to accept buyouts are conditions of these contracts. If the teams weren’t making money, they wouldn’t be so dismissive of all the off the books money.

Reactions: 12Dog

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm not looking for the Shiny Toys...
Just fix the PK is all I wanted.
We will see.

@Chapin Landvogt

Since you saw a bunch of the Swiss, how did Albelin's PK look? Was it a similar approach to ours, or something very different? Play it aggressively with pushing out (Florida would jump anyone who had their back to the play with the puck for example)

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Extending Nelson 4 years for maybe $7M or a bit less (contract ends at 37) is a bad idea, but signing Stamkos for $8M to a contract that ends at 38 is a good idea?
I would do that Stamkos deal for the sole purpose of marketing to other players in the league. Deal with the economics later.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
They'll probably announce his signing with another team as soon as I post this, but kinda surprising that Chandler Stevenson is still available. He might be my #1 choice among all UFAs. Sign him and trade for Pinto and then you can deal Brock.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
All my NYR friends enraged, I told them what did you expect? Even moving Trouba they need to sign like 3-4 guys who are RFAs next 2 years

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Extending Nelson 4 years for maybe $7M or a bit less (contract ends at 37) is a bad idea, but signing Stamkos for $8M to a contract that ends at 38 is a good idea
Neither of them are good ideas really, but Stamkos just reached 80 points the last two seasons in his declining years for the 7th and 8th time in his career.

Nelson has never hit 80 and only has hit 70 once, so signing Brock to that deal would be worse...

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad