Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Okay. Just to be clear, I'm not even talking about "nepotism", which I guess is the idea that someone gets an unfair advantage solely because of their family relationship to someone else. Some people choose to (cynically) assume that's always the case. I'm actually talking about the idea that it's at least potentially an advantage to grow up learning about a career field. I'm not saying it's a definitive thing, ie., if your parent is in a field you will be good/great at that field. But, all other things being equal (ie., you're not a screw-up by nature), it seems like it would be an advantage to grow up immersed in a field. Now this assumes that the parent is around and that they share their experiences, which of course may not always be the case. But, if that is the case, it's almost like growing up in a mentorship situation. Seems like it would be helpful. Unfortunately, I don't have personal experience with this! But I've seen people who have benefitted from it.
It's indisputable, lol. The people against this idea are ignoring the primary learning methods of humans. Babies learn how to talk, walk and a whole host of abilities by listening to and watching others. It would take active measures for Chris Lamoriello to not learn from his father and the positions he's been in.

I'm fine with people who don't want him as GM. I'm not fine with people who don't want him as GM just because of who his father is and how he got into the business, as evidence he's not qualified or experienced, lol.

How they are paid and how they are taxed are two different things.
Yet they are directly related.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Come on!
Shovels in the ground for the hotel!
Bailey Uniform Retirement Night planning!
Holmstrom meets a girl!
Colombian fans storm Yankee Stadium!
New college major in drawing yellow cards by acting!
The Jets trade for Davante Adams and Cee Dee Lamb
and FINALLY, Sophie Marceau reaches out to me for a coffee . . .
Just wait . . .

I was in downtown Palermo today.

Could have sworn I saw her there in a café.

Had to think of you.

Then I thought, "Nope, this ain't France". And carried on.

But hey, #KeepDreamingTheDream

Holmstrom meets a girl! kid has a face only a mother can love LGI

And the kind of teeth most mothers don't...

• Love
Reactions: leeroggy

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
So that finalizes the roster and the offseason is now officially over. There'll be some other QOs and AHL signings, but this means Lou is done.
Roster is set unless he moves a sizeable contract.
I expect Wahlstrom moved for like a 4th rounder.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Not necessarily. You can send Wahlstrom or whoever he is traded for to the AHL. It’s really about trying to trade him for someone better than Fasching.
He is better than Fasching with what will likely be a little too large a contract. I don't love Wahlstrom but I don't like Fasching which is worse. One guy isn't fulfilling his potential and the other is which is also worse.

A team like Anaheim that has a few players that are likely AHL bound but still have some potential may be worth making a deal with.

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
He is better than Fasching with what will likely be a little too large a contract. I don't love Wahlstrom but I don't like Fasching which is worse. One guy isn't fulfilling his potential and the other is which is also worse.

A team like Anaheim that has a few players that are likely AHL bound but still have some potential may be worth making a deal with.
At this point I don’t see why you don’t just start the season with Wahlstrom in Bridgeport. I don’t think he needs to pass through waivers if he starts the season there right?

He never exactly lit up the AHL. Give him the chance to do that and if he does you can call him up after an injury. If he doesn’t, he’s 24, it’s over and we can move on.

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
At this point I don’t see why you don’t just start the season with Wahlstrom in Bridgeport. I don’t think he needs to pass through waivers if he starts the season there right?

He never exactly lit up the AHL. Give him the chance to do that and if he does you can call him up after an injury. If he doesn’t, he’s 24, it’s over and we can move on.
Wahlstrom needs to clear waivers to start the season in the AHL

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

At some point his potential isn't what we thought it would be. No one is saying that Josh Ho-Sang isn't fulfilling his potential anymore. Sometimes we just have to admit we were wrong about what we thought a player's potential was.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
At some point his potential isn't what we thought it would be. No one is saying that Josh Ho-Sang isn't fulfilling his potential anymore. Sometimes we just have to admit we were wrong about what we thought a player's potential was.
Wahlstrom gives the appearance of a player who didn't put the work in. In many games, he struggled to finish his shifts. I won't comment on Ho-Sang, but DalColle and Reinhart were guys who couldn't get up to NHL speed but not a question of effort or willingness, I view Wahlstrom differently.

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
The torn ACL injury could not have come at a worse time for him. His path to establishing his game at the pro level was completely disrupted.

Reactions: duster19

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
DalColle and Reinhart were guys who couldn't get up to NHL speed but not a question of effort or willingness,
I understand what you're saying and it makes sense. However, I'll point out that Chara skated like a baby giraffe when he first came up, and look what he turned into. And the reason was his effort and willingness to work to improve. So "couldn't get up to NHL speed" and "effort and willingness" might overlap.

Reactions: Isles72

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Wahlstrom gives the appearance of a player who didn't put the work in. In many games, he struggled to finish his shifts. I won't comment on Ho-Sang, but DalColle and Reinhart were guys who couldn't get up to NHL speed but not a question of effort or willingness, I view Wahlstrom differently.
Wally never impressed me much. He doesn’t do much away from the puck. Doesn’t do much with it wheb he has it. He plays like a goal scorer but he doesn’t score goals. He looked the best when he came back from Sweden but seems to have lost the form/failed to build on it. I could see a team giving him a shot this yr as last year he was coming off a big injury. I’m not sure he will do much with it, if he gets one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,594.00