Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well, the players I mentioned - and there are certainly others of this type out there - are primarily guys who have all shown adequate NHL ability in showings (particularly Berggren), but are very much stuck in the numbers game (again, particularly Berggren) in their respective organizations.
Berggren for Wahlstrom also makes some sense to the extent that we need more skill and DET needs to get bigger and tougher up front and Berggren is around 5'11", 185lbs. Maybe they roll the dice in an attempt to rectify that?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Theoretically, he's restrained by being in Carolina. Which is why I doubt he'd entertain an Isles offer, because the same restraints exist. A place like Philly, which has above average ability to spend and acquire players, would possibly be more attractive.
Also, Brind'amour played 9 seasons for the Flyers, is in their team HOF, and the fans loved him.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Why? He has had a great roster for years, yet never wins the cup, he hasn’t even been to a cup finals as a coach.

People said the same thing about Trotz for a decade plus until they finally won (at a time when many thought the team was on the way down and their window was closed). Winning the cup is hard. His teams are at the top of the league every year. Sign me up.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I'm gonna be watching Kotkaniemi closely against the Rags. Seems to have fallen out of favor in CAR and still only 23 years old.

High pick with some talent.

CAR probably going to have to shed salary to re-sign some of their UFA/RFA's. Maybe he could be had.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
My simplified, lazy version. Bring in talent upgrades. Preferably a top line winger who can add 35-40 goals and a top-4 D man either to accentuate the current corps or (more likely) to replace one of Pelech/Pulock.

Tweaks won’t do it for me, nor a rebuild. If Lou isn’t capable of getting it done, bring in someone who can.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
My simplified, lazy version. Bring in talent upgrades. Preferably a top line winger who can add 35-40 goals and a top-4 D man either to accentuate the current corps or (more likely) to replace one of Pelech/Pulock.

Tweaks won’t do it for me, nor a rebuild. If Lou isn’t capable of getting it done, bring in someone who can.
Those two tasks are tall orders for any GM, not in a sunshine state or original 6.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Carolina has been top 3 in the league in points for 4 years running. And this year added Guentzel and Kuznetsov at the deadline. They are the odds on favorite to win the cup. I don' think the Islanders have had a team as good as this Canes team since 1984.
I meant it in terms of the overall cohesiveness of the team. Carolina has made it once to the ECF in that time as well.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Carolina has been top 3 in the league in points for 4 years running. And this year added Guentzel and Kuznetsov at the deadline. They are the odds on favorite to win the cup. I don' think the Islanders have had a team as good as this Canes team since 1984.
Yeah, I get it - Carolina doesn’t have the star power name recognition other teams do. That doesn’t make them equivalent to the Trotz Islanders, who never came close to a regular season like Carolina has had multiple times now.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I meant it in terms of the overall cohesiveness of the team. Carolina has made it once to the ECF in that time as well.
True. Making it to the CF (and beyond) is hard. Tons of teams have been elite on paper and in the regular season and failed in the first or second round.

You'd think that axe would be dust by now with how long Botta's been grinding it.
I thought the same thing. He needs to let it go.

Reactions: Big L

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Koktaniemi hasn't gotten himself on a PP anywhere. imo there's a reason for that. He's not a need.

Unless NYI can move Nelson or Palmieri, there can only be moves for bottom 6ers.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes