Roster Building XXII: Too Many Forwards, Hopefully One Cup

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Screenshot_20210128-215245_Samsung Internet.jpg

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I always felt like he was going to walk himself to ufa from this point. He’s in the drivers seat, he could just take us to arbitration twice.
i thought arb was one and done - like swayman this year not being eligible since he went through it last year?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Technically $6.4M, but that's with Nadeau and Jost and assuming no LTIR for Fast.
With 21 players on the big team roster (no Jost, but Robinson, Lemieux, and Fast on the big club) including Morrow. All other ELCs in Chicago, we have about $7.8 million. Replace Morrow w/a true 7th dman and you likely save another $100K.

We are in no way unable to sign Jarvis to a long term deal. I think he signs for similar money to Svech.

With Jarvis signed that would give us 22 players on the active roster.

Re: The Winnipeg deal....the only way I even consider that deal is if I can talk to McGroarty first to see if he'll sign w/the Canes with no guaranteed roster spot on the big club. There's no way I chance another Adam Fox. I do like Perfetti though.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I saw that same rumor about Winni but it said “a combination” of McG, Perfetti and “a” pick. As in not all three. That’s overpayment for Necas, it was probably one guy or the other plus an unknown pick. Perfetti has stalled and McG has some big skating questions. I’m ok with that not happening.
Yeah that's one of those deals that is a no brainer only if Guentzel has decided to stick around

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That's wasn't in control of the Hurricanes lol, Guentzel had to re-sign here and Necas had to sign long-term in Columbus. Neither of those things happened, unfortunately.
And we don't know:
1) it was 4th OA straight up for Necas. I suspect Carolina would have been adding more to that deal.
2) That Waddell didn't say something like "Only if this player isn't there when the pick comes", which is the player they drafted.

A lot of factors not really known.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
And we don't know:
1) it was 4th OA straight up for Necas. I suspect Carolina would have been adding more to that deal.
2) That Waddell didn't say something like "Only if this player isn't there when the pick comes", which is the player they drafted.

A lot of factors not really known.
My guess was Necas at 8y + Our Pick for 4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad