Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
But you could call him Noam Pomsky
1720957098400.png

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah, if Necas was looking for that, we'd have been much less reluctant to trade him.
We know that we still have arbitration and will absolutely get him at a more reasonable number in the arbitration process. They won't ever pay anywhere remotely close to that, and they know it.

But I'd love for him to cite that number in an arbitration hearing. The arbitrator would literally throw the gavel at his agent.

Reactions: DaveG
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We know that we still have arbitration and will absolutely get him at a more reasonable number in the arbitration process. They won't ever pay anywhere remotely close to that, and they know it.

But I'd love for him to cite that number in an arbitration hearing. The arbitrator would literally throw the gavel at his agent.

It’s probably what he’s going into arbitration with, because arbitration famously just splits the difference between the team and player asks and everyone gets to head home before lunch.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
It’s probably what he’s going into arbitration with, because arbitration famously just splits the difference between the team and player asks and everyone gets to head home before lunch.
I really wish they'd adopt the baseball system where the arbitrator has to choose either the team's number or the player's number. Incentivizes both parties to make legitimate offers.

9.25 is absolute insanity and is the kind of thing that should convince the arbitrator to flat out ignore everything you say.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Hey, if that’s how it works, Necas asks for $9 million, Tulsky counters with league minimum, split the difference, get him for under 5

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have a very good insider I met this weekend. This is how the conversation has gone.

Necas: "I'd like to be traded."
Canes: "Ok, but you need to sign an extension so we get a better return"
Necas: "Depends on the team, but after the season I just had, it's probably not in my best interest to sign a long term extension."
Canes: "Ok, then we want to keep you."
Necas: "Ok, I'm filing for arbitration."
Canes: "Ok, that's fine. We can work on a long term deal in the meantime and still keep working trades.
Necas: "Ok, that sounds good."
Canes: "We want to sign you to an 8 year deal."
Necas: "I don't think I want to sign for that long here in Carolina."
Canes: "What would it take?"
Necas: "I really don't want 8 years.
Canes: "Just tell us what it would take."
Necas: "Close to what Aho makes"
Canes: "LOL, we can't pay you that."
Necas: "OK, but I don't want to sign an 8 year deal so that's fine."

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Sorry, i missed your part of the post when scanning on my phone
Np

Could see the logic for Necas asking for a high aav on a long term deals, don’t see why he’d be interested in a long term deal though with the Canes based on all the info that that’s out there

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I have a very good insider I met this weekend. This is how the conversation has gone.

Necas: "I'd like to be traded."
Canes: "Ok, but you need to sign an extension so we get a better return"
Necas: "Depends on the team, but after the season I just had, it's probably not in my best interest to sign a long term extension."
Canes: "Ok, then we want to keep you."
Necas: "Ok, I'm filing for arbitration."
Canes: "Ok, that's fine. We can work on a long term deal in the meantime and still keep working trades.
Necas: "Ok, that sounds good."
Canes: "We want to sign you to an 8 year deal."
Necas: "I don't think I want to sign for that long here in Carolina."
Canes: "What would it take?"
Necas: "I really don't want 8 years.
Canes: "Just tell us what it would take."
Necas: "Close to what Aho makes"
Canes: "LOL, we can't pay you that."
Necas: "OK, but I don't want to sign an 8 year deal so that's fine."
So is the sticking point he wants out of Raleigh, or that he wants another UFA contract at 29/30?

Ad

Ad

Ad