Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
stamkos is old and overpriced
He's old, but we don't actually know about overpriced until he signs a contract. Will probably get a premium based on name, but it might be more reasonable than people think due to age. I'd throw a 3x8.5 offer at him for shits and giggles.

But personally, I'd rather have Marchessault.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois

trash on X: me during code reviews https://t.co/F5ScI8MfR3 / X

Reactions: Stickpucker

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Kuzy does or doesnt its whatever.

Honestly After the Guentzel thing I have lost a lot of faith in this org.

DW leaving, TD's interference. An inexperienced Tulsky. All on the cusp of the biggest turnover we have had in ages.

The necas situation brewing, No real FA's to replace a Necas or guentzel or Pesce.

It just feels like we are about to really get screwed.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Agreed everyone has the right to be pissed off after the last few days. But I’m kind of excited to breathe some new life into the team with either FA signings or maybe some of the young kids get a shot and give us a boost.

Lots of other teams have young players added to the lineups each year and they usually make an impact. The league is heading towards younger players, so maybe it’s not a bad idea to give our young guys a shot.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
AG with a good podcast and worth a listen. Reviews the draft and free agent situations.

Surprisingly was critical of front office on how they handled negotiations with guentzel and others too (says hope they learn from this….btw: he believes guentzel was prepared to stay):

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Do they plan to give Zadorov the Orlov? That's a player who the Orlov contract might make financial sense for, because until recently, he was only seen as a 4-5 tweener. A 2 year, high-dollar contract gives him an opportunity to prove definitively there that he's a top-4 caliber guy and then majorly cash in when he's only 31. I don't think an Orlov pact makes financial sense for Skjei because he's definitively proven that he's a very good second-pair player.

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Do they plan to give Zadorov the Orlov? That's a player who the Orlov contract might make financial sense for, because until recently, he was only seen as a 4-5 tweener. A 2 year, high-dollar contract gives him an opportunity to prove definitively there that he's a top-4 caliber guy and then majorly cash in when he's only 31. I don't think an Orlov pact makes financial sense for Skjei because he's definitively proven that he's a very good second-pair player.
Only thing I can see is they think they can get him at 5-6 years at less then what Skjei and Pesce will sign for.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Giving Z 2 years and big money. :puke:m
Dude is a high end bottom pairing defender with a very inflated self value
I think we’re agreeing for the first time lol

Zadorov is not even remotely close to being worth what he’s likely to get. I’d rather have Ian Cole back if we’re talking big, slow Dmen from Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay