Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Nils Lundkvist is an interesting piece. For whatever reason, the Stars would ice a full roster with him in the lineup, but end up only playing him 3-6 minutes a night. And this went on the entire year. Never seen that for a defenseman

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I suppose I see them at least coming away with one of Stamkos, Bertuzzi, Toffoli or DeBrusk tomorrow. They almost have to.

Don’t see them keeping Skjei, but will also expect a signing of a top 4 capable D.

I’ll almost be disappointed if they don’t sign Kapanen.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
It would take 8 years of that in Florida. It’s going to take 7 x 10.8-11.5 elsewhere
Under stand where your coming from but what contender realistically could afford to meet that price tag? I’m really not sure. I figure that price would put the Canes on the edge to fill out the roster as it is

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Under stand where your coming from but what contender realistically could afford to meet that price tag? I’m really not sure. I figure that price would put the Canes on the edge to fill out the roster as it is
Utah. New influx of money, push to contend sooner, and cap space to make a splash like that.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
10 nmc
8.5 nmc
6.35 nmc
4.78, most signing bonus and M-ntc (15)

To not violate the variance rule for contracts we could offer this 4 year deal structure to Stamkos.

4 year, 29.6 million deal. 7.4 million aav. Don’t love it but that 4th year could be moved. Would prefer to do 2 x 9.5 but he gets more money and term on the market
geez, paying him until age 38? I'd rather have had Guentzel who has less mileage on him.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Hurricanes press release on qualifying offers: Canes Issue Qualifying Offers To Four | Carolina Hurricanes

ByWalt Ruff
@WaltRuff Hurricanes.com
4:20 PM

RALEIGH, NC. - The Carolina Hurricanes shared on Sunday that they have issued qualifying offers to the following players, retaining the rights to the pending restricted free agents:
  • Dylan Coghlan
  • Jack Drury
  • Seth Jarvis
  • Martin Necas
Players can accept the qualifying offer from 12 p.m. ET on July 1 until 5 p.m. ET on July 15.
Of the four, Coghlan, Drury, and Necas are all arbitration-eligible.
The following players did not receive qualifying offers, making them unrestricted free agents ahead of the opening of tomorrow's free agency period:
  • Max Comtois
  • Griffin Mendel
  • Blake Murray
  • Tuukka Tieksola

Reactions: Wolfpuck

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
Pure goal scorer. Wouldn't want that.
Pin on things i like/things that make me smile | Funny spongebob memes,  Spongebob, Funny relatable memes

Reactions: Stickpucker

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Nils Lundkvist is an interesting piece. For whatever reason, the Stars would ice a full roster with him in the lineup, but end up only playing him 3-6 minutes a night. And this went on the entire year. Never seen that for a defenseman

Man, what the hell happened to Zadina? He was such a promising looking player, but now even the Sharks are tossing him to the curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad