Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It could be postering but

Nashville isn’t trading either of their goalies this weekend

Debrusk hasn’t had productive contract talks with Boston

According to their respective GMs

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Upped our previous offer to give JG something to think about
1719528061454.png

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'm guardedly confident. Whatever the FO chooses to do, their track record has been stellar enough for me to be content either way. If there's any UFA to make an exception for besides Slavin and Aho, however, it's Guentzel.
....gotta find you somebody who loves you as much as TRCF loves the Canes front office....

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Forget Reinhart. That's the comparable we should be presenting to Guentzel.
For sure, Guentzel has a few more years of proven production and a better playoff ppg, so I think giving Guentzel an extra two years at that same price is fair.

I gotta think with him having liked the area a lot, gelling with Aho, cup contention for the duration of his contract if things continue to well, all of those things should lean towards us being able to get a deal done. Unless the guy with two cups really wants to squeeze any extra dollar out of the contract.

As nice as Vancouver is I bet he’d end up burning through whatever extra money he could get from them compared to living here.

Reactions: DaveG

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Expectations are signing Guentzel tomorrow and trading necas

My only qualms are the Canes are potentially signing a soon-to-be-30 year old top-6er and trading a 25 year old top-6er, which isn't the usual way of business for the Canes. Considering the Necas trade request, though, it makes perfect sense in that context. Get the assets for a guy who wants 1st line minutes elsewhere and maintain our firepower moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad