Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Nothing is gonna happen this happens every year at the draft only moves will be teams moving up and down in the draft. Longer this plays out more likely Guentzel ain’t coming back
Yep. I feel like if we don't have an agreement by the end of the draft tomorrow, he's not coming back. The pessimist in me is starting to wonder if he's always had eyes on Vancouver and never expected us to match his asking price.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Too many things have to go right, and there's still this sort of tendency to be unreasonably conservative with draft picks sometimes. There hasn't yet been this "NBA moment" where GMs freely trade and swap draft picks like candy.
Knicks recent trade. Didn’t they give up like 4 or 5 first round picks through the 2030’s?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Draft is at the Las Vegas Sphere tonight. Canes waiting to announce everything on the big stage tonight for the theatrics.

Reactions: DaveG

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Friedman just said Guentzel hasn’t given them an answer yet and Columbus said all
quiet right now with moving the 4th pick Philly and Carolina have tried

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Come on Jake. This:

IMG_9127.jpeg

Or this:

IMG_9128.png

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
I have admitted several times that I'm an idiot but if the Canes have offered what the Jake Camp was asking and he has not accepted then what in the wide world of sports is going on? Seems we have a 2+2=5 situation.

Led Tasso

Jun 2, 2016
I would imagine they are negotiating signing bonus and NMC if the rumors are to be believed. We went against our normal M.O. with Chatty contract which was heavy on SB. I would imagine that is what we could do to make this look better to Jake is heavy SB. Just my two cents.

Reactions: DaveG

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Just for fun, prepare yourselves for...

...no Necas trade tonight,
...no Jake announcement either,
...and we trade out of the 1st round for a high 2nd and a 4th.

You're welcome. :laugh:
Honestly betting odds say you’re probably lol

Reactions: MinJaBen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes