Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
IMG_4946.png

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
There's a lot of guys I'd be happy with if we make it up to #4, but Demidov certainly is enticing with the high end scoring skill.
we dont have a guy like Lindtstrom on the farm. I would hate for him to go back to CHL though.

Necas for Laine (50%) & #4?
i dont see CLB being interested in that.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Maybe Carolina gets the 4th and then calls Philly and says send the offer to us that you were gonna send to Columbus. 1st this year roster player and another first next year.
In any other year I'd agree. But with the talent we already have, getting 4OA in the draft would be legitimately huge for us in being able to remain competitive over the long haul and possibly getting ourselves over the top. We don't need more depth, we need elite playmakers, and 4OA gives us an excellent chance to get one while being the quality of team that never gets the opportunity to draft one.

If we can flip Necas for that, do it, even if we have to slightly add

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It's interesting. People think this draft is a weaker one at forward, but it also could mean an opportunity for a club like ours to make a bold move like this. Normally bad teams hold onto picks this high like gems on a crown, but maybe the Canes feel like the general consensus is underrating this draft. Intriguing stuff.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It's interesting. People think this draft is a weaker one at forward, but it also could mean an opportunity for a club like ours to make a bold move like this.
To me it’s clear this isn’t viewed as a strong draft. Everyone thinks the guys they like will be available later so grab more darts. I don’t get that strong a vibe in this draft even in the top ten. So many dmen, which is a tough position to predict. I’d be focusing on prospects over picks with Necas, which is probably why teams are maybe offering us picks.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
To me it’s clear this isn’t viewed as a strong draft. Everyone thinks the guys they like will be available later so grab more darts. I don’t get that strong a vibe in this draft even in the top ten. So many dmen, which is a tough position to predict. I’d be focusing on prospects over picks with Necas, which is probably why teams are maybe offering us picks.

It's a great draft for defensemen, but they're also the hardest position to project to the NHL and (outside of goaltending) the position most prone to over-drafts and under-drafts. If the Canes get a pick that's high enough, though, they'll be able to select only the cream at the top of the forward list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad