GDT: Roster Building XVIII: Trade Deadline Week!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyLuckyPuck

Jan 5, 2021
I mean, I don't think anyone can complain too much here guys. The Canes got the "Red Ryder BB gun" of the deadline. Sure I would have like to have seen a little more playoff grit/skill/size. But at least what they did hopefully keeps us on the same level of the Joneses. I think it does. Had we done nothing, we'd be playoff fodder for FLA, NY, BOS. Dadgum trade deadline.....

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
they're always a little late, but then again they almost always have something that isn't announced until 4PM
True, but also if they were done, LeBrun or other insider would normally have said so by now, which makes me think they have at least 1 more trade out there.

Reactions: hockeynjune

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Vegas showing DW and Co how to do it this deadline. Overpaid rentals and bad style fits vs getting SJS to retain 17% on long term Hertl contract for a 1st and a good prospect and 2 3rds. lol
Is throwing all that at a guy who won’t help you until the playoffs when you’re not a shoe in to make the playoffs really all that good a move?

Reactions: geehaad

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Is throwing all that at a guy who won’t help you until the playoffs when you’re not a shoe in to make the playoffs really all that good a move?
still helps for at least 4 more seasons. so yea definitely worth it over 20+ games

Given that our style is 0-8 in the ECF maybe a small shakeup could be a good thing?
the 18-19 post season is basically meaningless in comparison. We have 7 players that are the same or something like that. So i mean we get reactionary after 1 applicable ECF sweep?

Reactions: DaveG

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
TDA to TOR @50% ret for a 7th lol
1000024435.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad