Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Think anyone takes a flyer on Suzuki?
No. Most teams have plenty of older AAAA guys in a similar position, and he has not exactly shown well at camp this year.

The Canes had a spot open for a rookie, Suzuki didn't perform, and it's looking like Blake is gonna be it.

Another note: Gagner released. I thought he did well, wonder if he finds a home elsewhere.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Summary--
Goaltenders:
Spencer Martin, Yaniv Perets and Ruslan Khazheyev,

Forwards:
Bradly Nadeau, Felix Unger Sorum, Noel Gunler, Justin Robidas, Juha Jaaska, Skyler Brind'Amour and Gleb Trikozov

Defense:
Aleksi Heimosalmi, Scott Morrow, Charles-Alexis Legault, Domenick Fensore and Ronan Seeley have been assigned to the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League (AHL). Defenseman Antoni Honka has been loaned to HC Ajoie of the Swiss National League.

Waivers:
Forwards Josiah Slavin and Ryan Suzuki and defenseman Ty Smith have been placed on waivers for the purpose of being reassigned to Chicago, and

Released:
Sam Gagner and Rocco Grimaldi have been released from their professional tryout (PTO) contracts.

Surprised that Bryce Montgomery made first cut (edit: just signed to ELC). Rest of list:
1728244175760.png

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Methinks you are thinking of the wrong Slavin with a new contract that would make it a joke.
Knowing lempo and minjaben, it was quite intentional
Thanks for the credit, NGB, but alas, totally unfounded. :laugh: Didn't even think we were handing out contracts for the Slavins left and right, as there never was doubt Jaccob was going to sign his and so it feels like it was a thousand years ago. Legit good old time contact and not one of these nepotism ones we only do nowadays.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Gagner probably goes to Europe. I'm fine with the decision, he played fine but if Blake is ready, then get him in.

My guess is Montreal takes a shot at Suzuki, if not, I don't see him being an NHLer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad