Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So like… no cuts yet.

We looking at this on the 11th?

Roslovic - Aho - Jarvis
Svech - KK - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Carrier
Robinson - Drury - Blake
Jost, Lemieux

Slavin - Burns
Orlov - Chatfield
Ghost - Walker

Kochetkov
Andersen

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
So like… no cuts yet.

Roslovic - Aho - Jarvis
Svech - KK - Necas
Robinson - Drury - Blake
Jost, Lemieux

Slavin - Burns
Orlov - Chatfield
Ghost - Walker

Kochetkov
Andersen
How many players do you think they will start the season with?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
So like… no cuts yet.

Roslovic - Aho - Jarvis
Svech - KK - Necas
Robinson - Drury - Blake
Jost, Lemieux

Slavin - Burns
Orlov - Chatfield
Ghost - Walker

Kochetkov
Andersen

Pretty sure that the fourth line will be Lemieux/Jost-Drury-Robinson and Blake will be optioned to the AHL. Every other aspect of the lineup looks correct.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’m not convinced Blake has made it. They’ve given him a shot to show what he can do, and rewarding him for doing his impression of Rod the bod in the 80’s. Which was impressive and undoubtedly earned the coaches respect. They have more vet guys that are good for the bottom six, the supposed open spot was a top six spot. It wouldn’t shock me if they kept him for a bottom six role but I still think it’s likely he’s playing top minutes in Chicago pretty quickly.

He’s had a good camp but I don’t know that he blew the doors off enough to steal a spot from a vet. Interesting to watch. Suzuki didn’t run with it at all, but it didn’t really seem like he was a featured player coming in vs the big new shiny toys. He’s going to have to surprise people from Chicago.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Based on jost really not doing much and Lemieux is a 13f type of guy, we’ll see a youngster get a shot for a few games and then go back to playing top minutes in Chicago.

We will need to prepare them for the inevitable Carrier playing 50-60 games. Roslovic likely slides down leaving an opening in the top 6.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I’m not convinced Blake has made it. They’ve given him a shot to show what he can do, and rewarding him for doing his impression of Rod the bod in the 80’s. Which was impressive and undoubtedly earned the coaches respect. They have more vet guys that are good for the bottom six, the supposed open spot was a top six spot. It wouldn’t shock me if they kept him for a bottom six role but I still think it’s likely he’s playing top minutes in Chicago pretty quickly.

He’s had a good camp but I don’t know that he blew the doors off enough to steal a spot from a vet. Interesting to watch. Suzuki didn’t run with it at all, but it didn’t really seem like he was a featured player coming in vs the big new shiny toys. He’s going to have to surprise people from Chicago.
Suzuki will most likely need to get regular nhl reps with another team.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If we go bare bones the whole season we could end up with 6.4 million with Fast’s LTIR space too.

Seeing how that’s unlikely, we will have at least 21 on the roster with a call up for long road trip and injury(ies), we are likely looking at around 2 million (or less depending on the lentgth of injuries) at the deadline with Fast’s LTIR space too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad