Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Martin isn't really that good. Our system makes goalies not named LaFontaine look better than they are. Glad he cleared as it makes things simpler if we do wind up needing a 3rd goalie but reality is even if he was claimed we could manage with some other goalie in a pinch.
Yeah, it was great he was able to fill in a bit for us, but he's not a permanent NHL solution for most outside of injuries. At least a guy like Patera might still have a bit of youth and upside on his side (compared to Martin, at least). And we make most guys look good as you mention.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Cheers all - hoping you all and your families are safe and well.

Wondering if anyone has any insight into which of Andersen or Kochetkov is likely to see the majority of starts or who looks better at this point? Or is it more likely they split the season?

Appreciate any thoughts anyone has on the matter, my pool is drafting late so I thought I'd ask the folks that know best!

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Cheers all - hoping you all and your families are safe and well.

Wondering if anyone has any insight into which of Andersen or Kochetkov is likely to see the majority of starts or who looks better at this point? Or is it more likely they split the season?

Appreciate any thoughts anyone has on the matter, my pool is drafting late so I thought I'd ask the folks that know best!
board rule - for fantasy advice questions, you have to tell us the name of your fantasy team first. if it is good enough, or someone is in the mood to answer, then you get the info.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Yeah, it was great he was able to fill in a bit for us, but he's not a permanent NHL solution for most outside of injuries. At least a guy like Patera might still have a bit of youth and upside on his side (compared to Martin, at least). And we make most guys look good as you mention.

Most teams don't expect the moon and the stars from third goalies, though. Goalies are a somewhat scarce commodity, however, especially when it comes to depth, which is why it isn't uncommon to see even veteran goalies like Martin claimed off of waivers.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
And “able to fill in a bit” is about all you can ask from a third goalie unless you have a prospect like Kochetkov on an ELC. And even then, he went on a couple hot stretches but came crashing back down.

Martin is exactly what they needed to find and it’s good he cleared and can prepare to play in Chicago.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
board rule - for fantasy advice questions, you have to tell us the name of your fantasy team first. if it is good enough, or someone is in the mood to answer, then you get the info.
Fair rule. We don't name our teams in this pool, but if I did, mine would be Ogilthorpe's Posse. Grew up with Slap Shot and love old time hockey!

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Fair rule. We don't name our teams in this pool, but if I did, mine would be Ogilthorpe's Posse. Grew up with Slap Shot and love old time hockey!

ogiltorp.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So tough to say who looks better as each only got one pre season game so far. If I had to guess on who's going to get most of the starts it's Kooch at like a 60-40/65-35 type split.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad