Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I’ll be real interested in seeing Gunler and Suzuki. They’re the elder statesman of the forward prospect group and this may be their last chance to impress. Gunler looked impressive to me in the Nashville rookie games. Of all the young guys they have up front, Gunler has the size the others lack. Would be real nice if he turned into something.
Don't overlook Gleb at 6'1" and 190.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Last night's quality of opponent aside, the new guys provide optimism for the upcoming year.

Both Walker and Roskovic had great goals with superb shots (Roskovic in particular) and Carrier looks like he is the perfect fit on Staal's line.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Last night's quality of opponent aside, the new guys provide optimism for the upcoming year.

Both Walker and Roskovic had great goals with superb shots (Roskovic in particular) and Carrier looks like he is the perfect fit on Staal's line.
I thought Carrier’s play where he scored the delayed reaction goal was great. Out of all the newcomers, to me, he was the standout. Loved the way he used his size to get to the net. He might be a fit with Aho and Jarvis at some point if he keeps that up.

But yeah, Walker fit right in too and Roslovic didn’t look out of place on the top line. Gostisbehere had some nice plays leading 2 goals in transition as well. They’re going to need those sort of easy goals this year. Seems like the team realizes this as well, as they skated the puck in a ton more than dumping it in it seemed to me.

On the downside…they were playing the Panther’s C level guys. The first PP unit didn’t really generate much of anything and the Kotkaniemi line looked out of sorts. All that is being nit picky for the 2nd preseason game tho.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad