Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
The "Gleb!" thing always made me think of The Simpsons (like literally everything else).

1727887811387.png

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
Martin waived. Wasn't he on a one-way? It wouldn't shock me if Boston took a look based on how he played against them in his first game as a Cane last year, and the Swayman drama.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Martin waived. Wasn't he on a one-way? It wouldn't shock me if Boston took a look based on how he played against them in his first game as a Cane last year, and the Swayman drama.
?????, is this a cap savings move?

Isn't he the 3rd goalie option after Pyotr and Freddie? Who else do we have if one of those 2 get hurt (unless they are going to pick up another vet from another waiver)

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
?????, is this a cap savings move?

Isn't he the 3rd goalie option after Pyotr and Freddie? Who else do we have if one of those 2 get hurt (unless they are going to pick up another vet from another waiver)
knowing Boston just claimed a guy from Vancouver, we might be trying to slide him through waivers before Boston realizes what they have or dont have.

we arent going to carry 3 goalies all season.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm surprised anyone thought there was a plan other than waiving him and putting him in Chicago. You just gotta hope you sneak him through and that you won't need to rely on him as much this year.
and if doesn't clear odds are we'll just go out and claim whatever Quad A guy happens to be on waivers and try to get them through to the A anyway.

Nobody carries 3 goalies for a full season anymore.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Sure but given Freddie’s health the last few years, a 3rd NHL type goalie is probably needed.
No doubt, that's why we have him. But looking at our cap situation, short of putting Fast on LTIR, which I assume they want to avoid, he wasn't going to stick around. If/when injuries happens and if Martin isn't here anymore, they'll just call up Perets and look for the next Martin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad