Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I don't think Mancini's status is tied to Jones. Drury isn't going to carry less than 7 dmen. Sending Mancini down at this point would necessitate bringing someone up. And since they already chose Mancini over Ruhwedel, I don't see them doing that.

Yea not yet but same deal if he’s sitting 10 games from now he should go down to play

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
wrong

responded to poster asking specifically what we could get on package incl Mika
since he has nmc
this is subordinate to relocations to which he might approve
which I noted above

accurate, not fantasy
b'c
reasonable under circumstances dealt w/Shesty
he goes to LA
he goes to TOR

"non starter
KAM stays at least, showing an open mind, until Fortescue gets here, possibly longer

Leshitshow does not move needle, he takes away b'c other team takes his contract, tho it is small and min term

Mika has to waive. He will not do so UNLESS maybe he is told and shown vets other than Kreider are going.
Shesty now or if Igor extends 12+ but w/no-min clauses so he can then be waived
bread not sniffing 11.6+ after next season, he will waive prob next season to avoid things getting ugly
Lindy sell now while he has any value
Trouba obviously would already be gone, buh bye by next season

IF IF IF he gets a good fit on relocation he may relent

while he can be a positive add in some places, only a few look appealing to him on paper
top of my head, this is LA or TOR

both instances, the key is Igor w/Zib as an add"

= Right.

Terribly reliant on what players might do instead of reality = Fantasy. Nobody made you respond and, when you did, it's relying on things unlikely to happen.

Just look at what Trouba did this year.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
"non starter
KAM stays at least, showing an open mind, until Fortescue gets here, possibly longer

Leshitshow does not move needle, he takes away b'c other team takes his contract, tho it is small and min term

Mika has to waive. He will not do so UNLESS maybe he is told and shown vets other than Kreider are going.
Shesty now or if Igor extends 12+ but w/no-min clauses so he can then be waived
bread not sniffing 11.6+ after next season, he will waive prob next season to avoid things getting ugly
Lindy sell now while he has any value
Trouba obviously would already be gone, buh bye by next season

IF IF IF he gets a good fit on relocation he may relent

while he can be a positive add in some places, only a few look appealing to him on paper
top of my head, this is LA or TOR

both instances, the key is Igor w/Zib as an add"

= Right.

Terribly reliant on what players might do instead of reality = Fantasy. Nobody made you respond and, when you did, it's relying on things unlikely to happen.

Why are we moving vets? I get the pipe dream of moving Mika, but we’re not tearing this team down to just move him.

If he can just put up pp points we can hide him on the wing the way Tampa did with stamkos.

How are we moving Igor? If hes not signed we’re just moving his rights which are worth maybe a 5-6th rd pick at best.
Zib is still worth stuff around the league, he’s likely considered a reclamation project to an extent but he’s not gotten slower, so it’s not impossible.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Let's assume Zibs actually waives. No team is gonna take the full cap hit. They'd want retention.
there is no harm in asking what if, and assuming he waives across the board
Howev, it is a counterproductive waste of time
best to identify the 4 or so relocations he'd approve [and explain why] and then discussions can be concrete

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

bold is wrong
yes we don't know FOR CERTAIN 111% players refuse to waive under any circumstances and equally lopsided to say that give up the waiver, no problem in any/every instance

but IT IS mathematically rational to think in less than a handful of situations, having been told by R mgmt we are not going to allow vets to control how the cap rolls going forward, and he can accept relocation, to the extent we can accommodate, as to place of his choice, OR he can accept consequences which could be not dressing or 4th line b'c there is too much lack of chemistry w/Kreider, who IS staying.
He needs to get that Lindy, Trouba, Shesty and bread are not here long term the duration of his deal.

Hopefully that is enuf to open his eyes...

The fantasy moves are pointless. They're not going to trash the team just to get players to waive or move. It's not how professional organizations operate. They have a team that's near the top of the league.
They HAVE = current tense
They need to address shortfalls like wonder twins not clicking
AND
they need to be ahead of the cap
THAT IS REALITY, NOT FANTASY

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why are we moving vets? I get the pipe dream of moving Mika, but we’re not tearing this team down to just move him.

If he can just put up pp points we can hide him on the wing the way Tampa did with stamkos.

How are we moving Igor? If hes not signed we’re just moving his rights which are worth maybe a 5-6th rd pick at best.
Zib is still worth stuff around the league, he’s likely considered a reclamation project to an extent but he’s not gotten slower, so it’s not impossible.
we are moving vets in order to max open the window
deal vets when nec for quality youth
this is prompted by reality of hard cap
either we control the cap or it controls us
max open window is better imo for both current + short term cup chances

We move Igor BY GIVING SUITOR PERMISSION BEFOREHAND TO NEGOTIATE THE DEAL IN ADVANCE so when trade is made, his new contract is instantly in place

Shesty = vez quality elite G
he is worth high end in return

bundling Zib [if he allows] w/Shesty kills 2 birds...

it is clear TOR and LAK are fits

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
wrong

responded to poster asking specifically what we could get on package incl Mika
since he has nmc
this is subordinate to relocations to which he might approve
which I noted above

accurate, not fantasy
b'c
reasonable under circumstances dealt w/Shesty
he goes to LA
he goes to TOR

Not sure that is even a good lateral overall, and setting that aside, he's not waiving unless, like I explained, he is comfy, prob means Igor has to go with...
something around Igor + Zib for Byfield +, or we deal him elsewhere

A little heads up Bern.

Never take my posts literally. And never take me seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad