Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
you can trade for a top4 LH Dman with salary retention or on a manageable deal.

walman
gudas
clifton

if we could pry rasmus andersson loose, that'd be great
3 of the 4 D’s you mentioned are RHD and the only LHD (Walman) sucks. Gudas has turned into a good player though.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers need to acquire a young LHD. Mancini can replace Trouba on RD next season assuming the Rangers move Schneider back to the right.

$92.4M-$92.5M cap for next season

New CBA starting in 26-27. The cap will jump. Only problem is most of the quality players will be retained by their teams. We are seeing that right now. Some bad players will get crazy money and the team will regret the contract on July 2. Kevin Hayes at 7 years/$50M type of mistakes.

Perreault turns pro this spring. He needs to spend some time in the AHL. We are seeing Will Smith, Cutter Gauthier and Rutger McGroarty struggle after making the jump from college hockey to the NHL.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

The Rangers need to acquire a young LHD. Mancini can replace Trouba on RD next season assuming the Rangers move Schneider back to the right.

$92.4M-$92.5M cap for next season

New CBA starting in 26-27. The cap will jump. Only problem is most of the quality players will be retained by their teams. We are seeing that right now. Some bad players will get crazy money and the team will regret the contract on July 2. Kevin Hayes at 7 years/$50M type of mistakes.

Perreault turns pro this spring. He needs to spend some time in the AHL. We are seeing Will Smith, Cutter Gauthier and Rutger McGroarty struggle after making the jump from college hockey to the NHL.
Would you consider moving Kreider next Summer if he was the main piece going back for that type of Dman RangerBoy ?

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Funny, last year despite being at or near the top of the standings all year the Rangers couldn't get any love in the Athletics power rankings. Now the Athletic has them #1 (including the loss to Florida) and our fans still aren't happy with the team.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Leschyshyn does okay in the AHL. It's not like I hate the guy but the times I've seen him in a Rangers uniform in a a regular season game so far he doesn't look like he can keep up and what you hope for when he's out on a shift is the shift not be eventful at all because if it is eventful it's not going to go our way. This is what I've learned so far from Jake.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Trading Kreider isn’t smart. He’s production is well above his cap hit and he’s a leader on the team.

They do need to find a young LD though. I could see them trading someone like Jones for a bigger, more steady but less flashy young LD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad