Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Keith Olbermann reacts to the news of Rempe being sent down @EdJovanovski

IMG_6603.jpeg

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalderCup
Apr 26, 2016
Hartford, CT
Keith Olbermann reacts to the news of Rempe being sent down @EdJovanovski

View attachment 921311
He will have a strongly worded sign awaiting him next month in Vancouver. He really did get screwed with the lack of games in the preseason to battle for the spot and being told to skip rookie camp (sounds familiar).

Would be nice if they called him up for the west coast trip, especially as it would be the first & last time he’d ever get the opportunity to play an NHL game in the arena his father (who passed away when he was 15) built before it’s torn down next year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He will have a strongly worded sign awaiting him next month in Vancouver. He really did get screwed with the lack of games in the preseason to battle for the spot and being told to skip rookie camp (sounds familiar).

Would be nice if they called him up for the west coast trip, especially as it would be the first & last time he’d ever get the opportunity to play an NHL game in the arena his father (who passed away when he was 15) built before it’s torn down next year.

Bro, when you like a player you go hard.

• Love
Reactions: EdJovanovski

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012

Again, I think the Tuba thread is still locked but this makes things interesting, there's certainly a market for him
And he’s certainly playing better this year than last. I see him having a serviceable year at a bad cap hit and he’s traded in the off season.
Please don’t tar and feather me, but… If he doesn’t decline much further I can even imagine the team bringing him back at an AAV that’s appropriate for an older 3rd pair D when He hits UFA. Front office likes him, he loves the team and the city, I can imagine him signing here on the cheap. I’m not saying this would be a good thing, just that I could see it happen.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
If theres a change to be made it should be flipping the LW's on the top 2 lines IMO.

Separating Laf and Panarin is the only thing I don’t wanna see them try. Try swapping Fil and Mika first IMO. Let Mika try and take a Jordan Staal esque 3rd line role with Cuylle and KK.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Separating Laf and Panarin is the only thing I don’t wanna see them try. Try swapping Fil and Mika first IMO. Let Mika try and take a Jordan Staal esque 3rd line role with Cuylle and KK.
I don’t wanna split chytil and kk.
They’re also producing results.

As I said 20-72-24
50-93-91

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I didn’t say deadline. I would totally agree not to chase expensive deadline rentals, they do not work hardly ever.

They need to save up and invest in long term solutions … in case yes it takes more than one season of tries.
What I've been saying about need to extend the window, deal most vets for quality youth

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
And he’s certainly playing better this year than last. I see him having a serviceable year at a bad cap hit and he’s traded in the off season.
Please don’t tar and feather me, but… If he doesn’t decline much further I can even imagine the team bringing him back at an AAV that’s appropriate for an older 3rd pair D when He hits UFA. Front office likes him, he loves the team and the city, I can imagine him signing here on the cheap. I’m not saying this would be a good thing, just that I could see it happen.
Between Fox, Schneider, Mancini and hopefully Emery, I think we'll have the right side covered.
Rempe down so which vet up to spare ?
I'm assuming Vesey is close.

Reactions: bhamill

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
book em dano
charge: failing to listen to bern who has been proven correct time and time again on failing to develop/maintain youth to accommodate vets = STUPID, EPIC FAIL
bend buckle and break Rs mgmt
learn with da bern

The 4th line is really good right now, let him go play in Hartford. Brod/Vesey can be the 13th forward. Edstrom deserves the spot in the lineup.
yeah, Eds Brodz deserves it
Vesey does not
thanks for his service but his time has come and gone
DEAL vesey NOW NOW NOW NOW

Rempe didn’t deserve to make the team out of camp so this is the correct move
disagree

And it is is a given that we must get past FL, but last night, no Rempe, and... WE LOST
and we lost w/zero energy

bern is right, in this instance, Rs mgmt is wrong

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The 3 minutes he was gonna play wasn’t changing the outcome of that game bern lol
should be getting full 4th line mins and if that line as a whole is playing well they should all get mo mins

Vets have experience.
But youth has energy. In POs and esp vs Panthers/similar, there is a need for what Rempe brings.
Playing him now -> whole season in advance of POs is smart, correct move

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad