Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
In the regular season....it's the playoffs when you need those guys but you can think what you want .

How many did Florida have on their D last year? How about Edmonton?

Vegas the year before? Okay yeah they fit the bill.

Colorado the year before? They did not.

Being big doesn’t mean that a player is good. If there is a big rugged defenseman who is actually good and available I’d love to add them, but 99% of the time you’re looking at Chiarot types who are overvalued and are just bad players who do more to help you lose than anything else.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
In the playoffs is where you need good players. Not bad players who're only in the lineup because they're big and "muh gritz"
LMAO....so you just assume if they are big and mean they are not talented ? Geesh....I kind of liked watching Stevens- D Hatcher-Robinson-Potvin -Pronger-Hedman-Chelios over the years. I bet a lot of fans liked the nastiness .Nasty does not mean less skilled .

Being big doesn’t mean that a player is good. If there is a big rugged defenseman who is actually good and available I’d love to add them, but 99% of the time you’re looking at Chiarot types who are overvalued and are just bad players who do more to help you lose than anything else.
Then don't add them . If they really want to win they will find that Dman and it will cost them ....the price you pay . If you like what we have so be it....I don't .

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Let's assume Lindy comes back and plays great. Do we even need to trade for anything at the deadline - assuming we're healthy? Team looks stacked, imo.

Miller-Fox
Schneider-Trouba
Lindgren-Mancini
Jones

Maybe a bottom-6 option? But as of now I don't really see any needs.

Also it feels the team could easily go to a higher gear.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Let's assume Lindy comes back and plays great. Do we even need to trade for anything at the deadline - assuming we're healthy? Team looks stacked, imo.

Miller-Fox
Schneider-Trouba
Lindgren-Mancini
Jones

that's a huge and problematic "what if". like assuming what if Zibanejad scores 50 goals. the last few years have shown us that's very unlikely.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

Edmonton lost....but they did have Nurse . They probably were also missing that D guy to handle Bennett and Tkachuk . We will never know ......LOL....

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
that's a huge and problematic "what if". like assuming what if Zibanejad scores 50 goals. the last few years have shown us that's very unlikely.

Not at all; the negativity towards Lindgren also problematic and overblown.

Also Lindgren playing great hockey on the 3rd D-pair is nowhere close to being the same thing as hoping Zibs scores 50 goals.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Miller-Fox
Schneider-Trouba
Lindgren-Mancini
Jones

They’ll tinker around the edges but no rental is getting this team to the promised land. They will have to do it themselves, or many will go their separate ways this summer. No parachute this time. I like our chances with Igor playing this way, if we can stay mostly healthy.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Vesey has much, much more value as an NHL contributor than a 4th round pick in 2027.

Injuries happen. Depth is great.
we have enuf depth to bring up somebody IF lightning strikes and multiple injuries all at once
btw - you are RIGHT it DOES HAPPEN recall Bruins defense like 2 seasons? ago --- BUT it is very rare
We stupidly did too much futures give away w/rentals exacerbated by Anderson + Kravtsov
Decent offer for a pick/propsect, TAKE IT
We have enuf internal depth esp for bottom 6

When Vesey is ready, Rempe is getting sent down. And there is nothing wrong with that. Let rempe develop while actually playing in Hartford. Carrick and Edstrom give us the size and tenacity we need on 4L. Hopefully a more polished Rempe can return in the second half when things maybe get a little stale for the group.
No, respectfully disagree, imo there is A LOT wrong with it
RempEd deserves to stay
Vesey does not

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
we are kind of getting to the point where, even with lindgren and trouba subtracted, were gonna lose one of the other guys that in theory we do not want to lose:

Laf
Shesterkin
Chytil
Cuylle
Kakko
Miller
Edstrom
Jones

edit: how crazy to see the young players the Rangers have drafted and developed into the NHL.
we can get by not losing others besides Jones

I think he has a modified NMC this year and has to submit a list of teams, similar to Trouba last year.

I love Kreider but the writing may be on the wall for the sake of the team's future.
Nope
other vets dealt for youth
CK keeps himself young
continues to reliably offer beast factor

he stays

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
LMAO....so you just assume if they are big and mean they are not talented ? Geesh....I kind of liked watching Stevens- D Hatcher-Robinson-Potvin -Pronger-Hedman-Chelios over the years. I bet a lot of fans liked the nastiness .Nasty does not mean less skilled .

Then don't add them . If they really want to win they will find that Dman and it will cost them ....the price you pay . If you like what we have so be it....I don't .
And you listed mostly guys from years ago. Where are the big rugged D now who won’t get danced around? They need to be mobile. Big slow guys are a thing of the past

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
And you listed mostly guys from years ago. Where are the big rugged D now who won’t get danced around? They need to be mobile. Big slow guys are a thing of the past
I dunno...what about a guy like David Savard ? Maybe a change of scenery would do wonders for him . He shoots right...can he play either side ? He might be OK if the cost of adding was within reason....but I doubt Gorton would do us any favors these days .

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

Miller-Fox
Schneider-Trouba
Lindgren-Mancini
Jones

Keep your nickels and take a big swing for a 1D or young future developmental 1C or both.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I think he has a modified NMC this year and has to submit a list of teams, similar to Trouba last year.

I love Kreider but the writing may be on the wall for the sake of the team's future.
If they don’t win the Cup it should be considered. Depends on the return.

His time is gonna run short at some point.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

You're living in the past man, you're hung up on some defensemen from the 90s man.

• Haha
Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
mea culpa on carrick. guy can skate and play a 4th line role.

i loved early in the 1st he wins a face off and just gives the habs C a cross check on the dot. setting the tone for the game.
Give me any notable on ice difference between him and Goodrow? Kudos to Drury for being able to swap Goodrow for Smith in terms of salaries and add Carrick on the cheap.

• Love
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Miller-Fox
Schneider-Trouba
Lindgren-Mancini
Jones

Agree. They can rotate Jones and Mancini to keep them fresh and of course they’re ready if Lindgren gets hurt again. That’s a really good lineup.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Agree. They can rotate Jones and Mancini to keep them fresh and of course they’re ready if Lindgren gets hurt again. That’s a really good lineup.
i forgot. they also have ruhwedel. i wonder if they try to sneak him through waivers. or if maybe they send down mancini for a bit to accrue cap space. or do they just barrel forward with eight D?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad